Tales of a first-time visitor to Symi

Archived trip reports

Re: Tales of a first-time visitor to Symi

Postby Gemma1 » 05 Oct 2016, 07:03

Sorry to hear about the incident with your daughter's head :shock: Glad she is ok and hope the lump soon goes down.
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Irene » 09 Oct 2016, 21:47

18 - 21 September

I confess that I have been so caught up the current blog from D&E that my own retrospective musings have lost some of their appeal!

There are just a few things that I wish to add. Our accommodation at Anastasia was very good with excellent views and a friendly host. I would happily return although C is keen to go back to Taxi Archie where she has stayed many times.
The Poseidon trip was every bit as good as all the comments on this forum had suggested. I will long remember the pleasure of swimming that day. C had been twice before and on each occasion she had been seasick ( she does admit to being extremely susceptible and was probably the only one to suffer that day). I'm pleased to report that this time she had no ill effects and was able to partake of the excellent BQ!
I will return to Symi soon. The only negative aspect to the holiday was the length of the journey, so maybe next year I will have to stay for 2 weeks!
Irene
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby Gemma1 » 10 Oct 2016, 07:42

Yes the length of the journey is the main reason that I'm not returning to Symi for a week next September. For 2 weeks it's not too bad but I only had 6 nights on Symi and arriving home at 6am in the morning after being up all night isn't ideal. I've booked a flight to Chania flying from my local airport for September 2017 and will spend a week exploring parts of Crete that I haven't visited before. When I return to Symi it needs to be for 2 weeks as a week just isn't long enough.

Glad you enjoyed your week on Symi Irene :D
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby D and E » 10 Oct 2016, 16:28

Hi Irene - I have really enjoyed your take on Symi as it is so interesting to get the insight of a first time visitor. We often think we could get to Australia as quick as we do to Symi sometimes but I am afraid we are smitten and a year without Symi would be unthinkable for us.

So glad to read that you intend to return.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Eliza » 11 Oct 2016, 18:02

Thank you I have enjoyed your blog very much. So pleased you like Symi,after all we could all be wrong. :-)
Eliza
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Return to Trip Reports