BEACHES

Archived posts about beaches, sightseeing, entertainment....

BEACHES

Postby vickie2008 » 04 Jun 2008, 12:04

Visiting Symi for the 1st time this June and wondered if anyone has any info on the beaches? which are the best and easiest to get to? I will be staying in the town area.
vickie2008
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

BEACHES

Postby tich » 04 Jun 2008, 12:15

Vickie,
There are some very nice beaches on the island, some you could walk to like Pedi, St Nicolas and Aghia Marina (both reached through Pedi). Nos and Nimborio can be be reached walking through the harbour, past the clock tower (although Nimborio will take up to one hour). All/most can be reached by taxi boats either from the harbour or from Pedi. Some can only be reached by boat. Take a look at the beach guide on the site as you can chosse for sand, pebbles, whatever your preference. For sand you'd be ok on Nos, Nimborio, Pedi and Aghia Marina which are the quickest to reach on foot.
tich
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

BEACHES

Postby Mille » 04 Jun 2008, 12:17

Welcome to the chatpage, Vickie.

The Symi Visitor has a short introduction to some of the beaches on Symi.

http://www.symivisitor.com/beaches.htm

I think you will meet many different opinions when asking a question like "which is best".

Personally I like Marathounda or Pedi
Mille
Administrator
Administrator

BEACHES

Postby vickie2008 » 04 Jun 2008, 12:19

I cannot wait! It looks so amazing! I am also interested to see what the crack is with these Beach Goats hehehhehe
vickie2008
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

BEACHES

Postby Kon » 04 Jun 2008, 13:10

Vickie hi and welcome ,you can't go wrong with any of the beaches my two favorite are Agia Marina and Saint Nicolas beaches .Both are great for kids too.

This is Agia Marina beach

This is Saint Nicolas beach.

Enjoy your stay .
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

BEACHES

Postby Ange » 04 Jun 2008, 20:18

One of our favourite beaches is Agios Vassilos. It is walkable but will be too hot in June, as there is no facilties on the beach so you have to carry a lot of drinking water. An alternative is to do the walk there with Hugo and be met by the Triton for lunch (+Ouzo) and a ride back, you need to check the board in the harbour and pre-book.
Ange
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Return to What to do