Countdown Begins

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Countdown Begins

Postby D and E » 09 May 2023, 08:43

After a long drought we’re now counting down to Sými. In 27 days we’ll be there and containing our excitement from now until then will be difficult. My work colleagues will be glad to see me go.
I hope we’ll remember our way to the Rainbow Bar!! E
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Re: Countdown Begins

Postby Allan » 10 May 2023, 14:40

Welcome back!

You've been missed.

Returning to Symi after a while away will be wonderful and I'm sure you will enjoy it. I should warn you, though, that according to Jet2 airline I have 27 days to wait too! And if that isn't enough to scare you away there is a further warning: Mille our co-administrator will be on the island for part of the time too so you will have to watch out for two administrators. :o

By the way, The Rainbow Bar is still in the same place (I checked several times last year)
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby D and E » 10 May 2023, 18:10

Excellent Allan. We’ll no doubt see you at the top a few times although it will take a few more visits to get ‘Kalistrata’ fit. I’ve no doubt however that the first Mythos at Rainbow will taste as sweet as ever, even if we’ve just hopped off the bus. Looking forward to trying out the new fish restaurant and I believe there’s a new cafe in Yalos connected to Anastasia Hotel?
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Allan » 14 May 2023, 19:02

I haven't heard of the new cafe in Yialos but I will certainly be investigating. It's not long now.

The Kalistrata Restaurant is very special and I would strongly recommend a visit (or two). You can book a table and, while you wait, sample some of Yianni's Mythos at the Rainbow.

Oh, and, a picture by Neil shows that they now have music at the restaurant. Presumably on a Saturday.

band.jpg
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby D and E » 22 May 2023, 13:49

IMG_4606.png
Ferry - Done

So around this time in two weeks we should be aboard and heading to that precious rock in the Aegean.

Booking the ferry (thanks to Andy’s invaluable timetable summary 8-) ) is all part of the build-up checklist so D has done that this morning. The hotel at Gatwick is booked for going and returning. Parking also booked now we have replaced the Smart car with a Fiat 500 that can, with the backseats folded down, take luggage.

Now to check the pic as it’s been a while since D resized and posted so a good practice run before he gets back into the swing of the daily blog that no doubt he will be posting from 4th June when we set off from here in Aberystwyth. So for those who have trouble sleeping you will have his ramblings for a couple of weeks to help you get off :D
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby KN9700 » 23 May 2023, 18:52

Nice to have you back on Symi

My wife, Inge, and I are among the lucky ones, who have been on Symi also in the Corona years.
We are happy to hear that you'll be back soon.
First of all because you can enjoy another nice holiday at the place that you like so much, but also because a lot of people can enjoy your brilliant writings about Symi on this blog.
We'll go to Symi as usual for two weeks in September staying at Taxiarchis as usual.

Have a nice trip and a wonderful holiday.

Karl-Johan Noerregaard
Danish Symifan
KN9700
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby silverfox » 04 Jun 2023, 20:17

It's looking very unlikely we will be on Symi anytime soon so I'm so looking forward to the masters blog. D was ill last year so it's another special return for this wonderful couple.

We know what to expect with a great food blog, and the views and delights of Symi. The ex-pats and the locals will feature but most of all we will see a real love of this little rock.

Go for it D&E I can't wait! :)
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Symi Chat