Panormitis bus and baggage storage for the afternoon

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Panormitis bus and baggage storage for the afternoon

Postby Mimi » 24 Jul 2017, 21:33

Last year I made a picture of the timetable of the bus to Panormitis. Can anyone confirm the schedule is still the same?

Mon-Tue-Thu:
Symi-Panormitis 6.50 - 10.30 and 14.00
Panormitis-Symi 7.30 - 12.00 and 15.50

Wed-Fri:
Symi-Panormitis 6.50 and 14.00
Panormitis-Symi 7.30 and 15.50

Sat-Sun:
Symi-Panormitis 7.30 - 10.30 and 14.00
Panormitis-Symi 8.00 - 12.00 and 15.00

We will be arriving on tuesday at 14.00. I assumed we would not be in time for the bus to Panormitis, so I'm planning on spending the afternoon in yialos. Have lunch, walk around and do some shopping. And grab a taxi later to Panormitis. We will be taking a suitcase with us, but lugging that around is not my idea of fun. Is there a place where we can store the suitcase? I saw mentioned somewhere we might ask in a taverna if we could leave it there for a while, provided we eat/drink something there.
Mimi
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Panormitis bus and baggage storage for the afternoon

Postby D and E » 25 Jul 2017, 08:20

Not sure about bus times but almost certain that if you have a drink at any of the harbourside tavernas, and there are a few close to the taxi rank on the opposite side from the clock tower, leaving a bag would not be an issue - we have always found the people of Symi to be some of the most helpful of anywhere we have been.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Mimi » 26 Jul 2017, 19:45

Hmm, I thought I answered this, but something must have gone wrong...

Thank you for your answer.

Our friend at Panormitis offered to try and get a friend to meet us at the harbor to store our suitcase in his car, and then we'd have to meet up with him later and he could drive us up to the monastery. A bit troublesome for the man and I haven't heard yet if this will be at all possible, so it's good to keep our options open. If we can't leave out suitcase somewhere this means we'll have to go to the monastery sooner. Not exactly a problem, but I'd love to stay in yialos a little longer.
Mimi
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Mimi » 29 Aug 2017, 20:04

We're back home already. Our plans did change, because our daughter wasn't feeling well. Also our friends friend had a little trouble with the time. So we had a simple lunch in Yialos and after that found a taxi that brought us to Panormitis.

The bus schedule changed a little:

panormitisbus2017.JPG
Mimi
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Noticeboard