Where to collect ferry tickets?

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Where to collect ferry tickets?

Postby Greentreefrog » 05 Jun 2016, 21:53

We've pre booked tickets on the Dodekanisos pride.
I'm a bit confused where we pick the tickets up from. Do we get them from where we get on the ferry? Which port is it leaving from?
We've not pre booked tickets before and it's been a few years since last went to Symi.
Thanks
Greentreefrog
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Where to collect ferry tickets?

Postby Andy W » 06 Jun 2016, 06:43

You collect the tickets from the Dodekanisos Seaways ticket office right next to the ferry mooring point at Kolonna Quay in Rhodes Town. Bring the confirmation email, it makes picking the tickets up quicker.
The combined ferry timetables I produce which are sticky postings at the top of this section of the forum show which part of Rhodes Port each ferry departure uses.
Exactly the same principle applies if you are using a ferry which departs from Akandia quay, Dodekanisos Seaways have a ticket hut there which opens 90 minutes before each scheduled departure. The Kolonna office however is open from about 07:30 to 20:00, and is also the main ticket office for the entire business.

Now if your journey involves a Blue Star ferry between Symi and Rhodes, don't bother booking in advance. The Blue Star Paros, the current ferry on the route, holds 1465 people, and is never ever full on this part of its much longer journey. There's a Blue Star hut at Akandia, and you can purchase your ticket there before departure.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Greentreefrog » 06 Jun 2016, 09:50

Thanks Andy. Last time we bought tickets from the kiosk next to the Pride. I take it you mea this one. On the website it shows a different office further along the seafront. That's what confused me.
Greentreefrog
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Andy W » 06 Jun 2016, 17:41

I can't find a picture of any of their buildings on the Dodekanisos Seaways website, so it is hard to answer precisely.
At Kolonna there is a moderate sized octagonal single-story wooden building. This is Dodekanisos Seaways central ticketing and reservation office, and is also right next to the departure point of the Pride and the Express, it is open from 7.30am to 8.30pm every day.
On Australias Street, further along the waterfront, they have their Head Office building which houses all departments except ticketing and reservations. You cannot pick up tickets there. It isn't open to the public at all.
At Akandia is a small orange-and-blue glass-fibre hut just big enough to hold one booking clerk, a computer, and a ticket printer. This is open from 90 minutes before each sailing of the Panagia Skiadeni up to departure time, after which the clerk heads elsewhere on his/her motorbike.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Fullenglish » 05 Jul 2016, 14:35

The best thing to do is as I did. If you come out to of Rhodes airport there is a taxi rank. Show the driver your booking. He specifically want to know the vessel you are booked on. Then he will take you directly to the port and show you where the ticket office is. Simple as that.
Phil
Fullenglish
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Kat » 11 Jul 2016, 11:02

Can pre-booked tickets be picked up before the departure day at the kiosk, or only on the day of travel?
Thanks
Kat
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Allan » 11 Jul 2016, 13:20

Pre-booked tickets can be collected at any time at any Dodekanisos ticket agent Kat. I regularly pick up my return tickets at the same time as I get the outbound ones from the kiosk at Kolona. It saves me a trip down to Symi Tours during the holiday.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kat » 12 Jul 2016, 08:18

Ah thanks Alan, that's good to know.
Kat
Kat
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Noticeboard