Hotels in Panormitis.

Archived posts about accommodation on Symi

Hotels in Panormitis.

Postby Kon » 08 Oct 2006, 12:43

Are there any hotels in Panormitis,it seems such nice place to relax for a few nights ,i know it isn't as busy as Symi town but they have a great bread shop just behind the market and ample space for tourist boats .
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Hotels in Panormitis.

Postby Adriana » 09 Oct 2006, 08:36

Hi Kon,

There are no hotels down there as it all belongs to the monastery apart from an army camp. The monastery has an old people's home on the hill behind and there are also simple rooms to rent at the monastery itself. Apart from pilgrims and people on a 'retreat', groups of artists sometimes stay a night or two there, but the facilities are very simple. For example, earlier this year one group of artists visiting was most dismayed to find that they would have to share bathrooms! :o
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Hotels in Panormitis.

Postby Glen » 18 Oct 2006, 01:14

Any idea how much it is to rent a "cell" there ?
Glen
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Hotels in Panormitis.

Postby Adriana » 18 Oct 2006, 10:04

Something like 15 euros a night springs to mind. I can't remember if that is for a single or a double though.

For the Panormitis festival on 7 November they also put out mattresses in the refectory every night and people sleep on the floor. :oops:

Spent 3 months on my own there on our yacht back in '93 and it was seriously quiet then. That was before the first call boxes and pay phones. The only link with the outside world was a wind up phone in a cubicle under the stairs. The road over the mountain to Yialos was a dirt track impassable to anything except off-road vehicles.
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Accommodation