Irini Studios with Olympic

Archived posts about accommodation on Symi

Postby MARTIN RIPLEY » 20 Jul 2009, 11:10

We are thinking of staying at the Irini Studios with Olympic and would appreciate any comments that you good people may be able to offer. I seem to recall that 100 steps was mentioned somewhere in the blurb! We've been to Symi a few times and I can't quite place the location of these studios. Maybe you can help?
MARTIN RIPLEY
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby Eleanor » 20 Jul 2009, 22:38

Hi Martin, We have just come back from Irini again (3rd time) and have already booked again for next year what does that tell you? The steps can be a bit sary to start with but by the end of your holiday its easy and you have legs to die for. The view from the Irini is superb so is well worth the climb. Enjoy your holiday and remember to feed the Irini cats
Eleanor
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Gemma1 » 22 Jul 2009, 17:53

Hi Martin
I've stayed at the Irini twice and the view is stunning. The steps to the Irini start just above the Opera House Apartments at the back of the harbour and are very steep in parts. They don't normally bother me apart from when I'm taking the luggage up and down which I do find difficult as I'm carrying 20kg up and down on my own and did wreck my bag banging it up and down the steps! I go at the end of September so it's not too hot, not sure I could cope with the steps in August.

Don't know if you go on Trip Advisor but I did a review on the Irini and there are quite a few photos, including one of the steps. I've stayed in both Studios one and two and also been in studio 4. Studio one has a full harbour view but I think the views from all of the studios are pretty good and the studios are nice and spacious. I'm thinking of trying the Anastasia next year for a change but would certainly recommend the Irini if you're strong enough to cope with the luggage issue - I do find it difficult to travel light!
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Eleanor » 22 Jul 2009, 21:19

Hi Martin, I think that has put all fears aside, enjoy your holiday at Irini or where else on Symi, wherever you stay you will enjoy
Eleanor
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby D and E » 22 Jul 2009, 21:39

Martin,

Just to add to the positive postings. We have stayed in Irini twice in different studios and both were excellent and we would go back tomorrow - if only we could but a wet day at the Royal Welsh Show beckons ! The stairs with luggage can be a problem for some people - time before last as a "fit" 50 year old I did 4 trips to help some people up with their luggage - thankfully it was 9 at night. However if you take your time and you can have frequent stops there won't be a problem. The views all around are fantastic including the harbour. Have a great time and as Eleanor says make sure you feed the cats - they will become your best friends. Have a super time.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Gemma1 » 22 Jul 2009, 23:15

D and E, I'll have to try book at the same time as you next time as I'd appreciate some help with my luggage :) The first time I went another couple were staying at the Irini and the gentleman very kindly helped me with my suitcase but last time I was totally on my own, though at least I didn't feel too embarassed when I had to keep stopping.
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby muppet » 22 Jul 2009, 23:42

I loved Irini too in 2008. As Eleanor and co say, you do sort of get used to the steps.
Please feed the Irini cats :)
muppet
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby cazscho1 » 23 Jul 2009, 23:04

we loved the Irini. the steps start just outside the opera house. (cut through the gates at the monastery- behind vapori bar etc)it is difficult to conquer the steps with a suitcase but once up there you will know you have made the right choice. please let us know how the irini cats are doing. i too have posted on trip advisor. have a great time.
cazscho1
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Return to Accommodation