Anastasoulla Mouragio Apartments

Archived posts about accommodation on Symi

Postby Buzzy » 24 Jun 2010, 14:11

These apartments are said to be up 40 steps from the post office. Can anyone tell me exactly where that is? I know where the clock tower is and Aris Taverna as well as the customs house so can anyone direct me from one of these landmarks to the post office so I can get a location. Also has anyone stayed in these apartments? What did they think of them? Thanks.
Buzzy
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Andy W » 24 Jun 2010, 16:37

Start walking from the clock tower towards the customs house. The white building on the right, directly opposite the clock tower, is the police station. As you walk past it you'll see a set of steps going up on the right. Go up these and you'll find the post office on the right - it occupies part of the upper floor of the police station building, but the only public access is up these steps. Carry on up the steps to get to the apartments, they are signposted as Anastasia, but for some reason Olympic Holidays rename them. I've never stayed there, but everyone I know who has was happy with the place.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Sunshine » 24 Jun 2010, 16:40

...If you are looking across the harbour towards the clock tower, the white building to the left of the clock is the police station. Up the stairs on the left is the post office. The staircase further to the left is the one you want. Put another way, continue past Manos and Aris, heading towards the clock tower, keep going to the last bar (big canopy), usually cars parked all over, then left up the stairs. It's set well back...
Sunshine
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby D and E » 25 Jun 2010, 19:58

Buzzy - we stayed there about 6 years ago when it was a Kosmar venue if our memory serves us correctly - standard studio accommodation and the stairs are not that onerous. Easy to walk down to the Nireus cocktail bar in an evening as we did quite often. Have fun. 8-)
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Accommodation