Anastasia question

Archived posts about accommodation on Symi

Anastasia question

Postby FLO » 27 Jun 2010, 13:39

Hello All - New to the forum.

I am aware many of you have stayed and enjoyed the anastasia apartments in chorio. My question is about balconies. Does anybody know wether room 5 with the larger balcony is allocated to an apartment for 1-3 or for 2-4 people. Also is it very overlooked? Just wondering wether its worth paying the extra supplement or to stay in a studio at Irini - they all seem to have private balconies.
Many thanks. Flo
FLO
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Anastasia question

Postby D and E » 27 Jun 2010, 16:17

Hi Flow - welcome :D

We have stayed at (and with, as it is named after the owner) Anastasia a few times now and rooms 1-4 have a communal balcony but the rooms are far enough apart to allow privacy if you wish but also a chat on the days happenings with your neighbours if that suits.

If we are right then Room 5 is up stairs looking down on the communal balcony and has a private balcony of its own.

We have also stayed in Irini and it is wonderful due to its height (but that comes with a considerable climb - Anastasia is easier to access) and each room has a private balcony.

We wouldn't say one is better than the other except that Anastasia and her husband Sam are wonderful people who can help out with any info that you need and Sam tells wonderful stories about the island and his farm - he is a true Symi character :D
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Anastasia question

Postby D and E » 27 Jun 2010, 16:20

And Flo I should have said that the location of Anastasia which is surrounded by locals houses gives you a real feeling of being part of Symi.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Anastasia question

Postby FLO » 27 Jun 2010, 19:22

Thanks to both of you for replying. Anastasia sounds just great, . However I was hoping that a symi visitor could tell me how many beds are in the top floor apartment with the larger balcony. Olympic charge a supplememt for extra beds and I am not sure which room 5 comes under. Has anybody stayed in it?
FLO
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Anastasia question

Postby Colette » 27 Jun 2010, 20:40

Hi Flo, I've stayed in number 5 and it has a bedroom with 2 beds and a lounge with a sofa which turns into a bed, not sure if it's single or double as we never tried it.No 5 has a large balcony and is private, not overlooked by no.6 or 7, nor can you see the terrace below unless you have a very long neck!The balcony is very hot during the day as there is no shade.It's spacious by Symi standards and if I were you I'd go for it - just a tad too expensive for me travelling alone but if there are two of you it's well worth it.As everyone else has said Anastasia and Sam are very welcoming, you are in the heart of the village and it's more accessible than Ireni, and there's the Sunrise Bar on your way home which is very handy for a nightcap or two ( or 3 or 4).
Colette
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Anastasia question

Postby FLO » 27 Jun 2010, 20:49

Colette, thats just what I was after - i'd imagine room 5 must be the apartment for 2-3 then - can't imagine they would advertise it as a 2-4.

Think i'll go for it!

Many thanks
FLO
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Anastasia question

Postby JuliaB » 27 Jun 2010, 20:54

Just home from a weekend away and read your query. We stayed in Unit 5 in May and can confirm that it is the one described as the apartment for 2-3 people. I checked this before booking.
JuliaB
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Anastasia question

Postby FLO » 27 Jun 2010, 21:17

Wow thanks Julia - a definate confirmation - this forum is wonderful!
I expect to be logging in quite a bit in the future as i am booking for 2011 so have 12 months of planning ahead!
FLO
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Anastasia question

Postby snapperjon » 29 Jun 2010, 09:01

Hi Flo(and welcome!)

We stayed at Anastasia last year. The room we had (#2) was on the small side and a bit airless, but the balcony was lovely. You can sit in the shade and chat to your neighbours while enjoying the views over Pedi.
snapperjon
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Anastasia question

Postby JuliaB » 29 Jun 2010, 17:41

For the benefit of anyone else who might be considering staying with Anastasia, these are the descriptions that Olympic use for the accommodation:
Units 1, 2 and 3 - Studios, one room with beds and kitchen facilities plus bathroom, on the lower level with the communal balcony as shown in Snapperjon's pic.
Unit 4 - Apartment for 2-4, at the far end of the lower level. It has a bedroom with twin beds and there are two settees that convert to beds in the ample-sized living area.
Unit 5 - Apartment for 2-3, on the upper level. Has bedroom with twin beds and a convertible settee in spacious living area. Lovely,private terrace.
Units 6 and 7 - Maisonettes for 2-4. Bedroom with twin beds. Kitchen area has table but there's no real living area. Doors from bedroom on to balcony. All rather cramped but fine for two people who are out most of the time! Steep staircase leads to loft area when there is a double bed (maybe only a mattress??). To be honest I wouldn't fancy being one of four in these units!

There are excellent views over Horio and Pedi from all the units and you really do feel you are staying in the heart of the Greek community. When we were there in May, there was some building work going on just beyond the accommodation but I don't think that will interfere with views. Have stayed there many times and will no doubt return!
JuliaB
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Anastasia question

Postby Gemma1 » 29 Jun 2010, 22:29

I normally stay at the Irini but have booked the apartment for 2-3 at the Anastasia this year for a change. It only worked out �23 more expensive than the studio when I'm going (29 September) and I thought it was worth it to have the private balcony. I'll miss the harbour views from the Irini but not all those steps!
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Anastasia question

Postby MrsMcS » 10 Aug 2010, 14:30

Hesitated too long and room for 1-3 (presume room 5) has gone for the dates we are hoping to go next year!! Does anyone know if the maisonettes have aircon and if so, is it in the bedroom? Would only be two of us so even if a bit cramped would probably be okay for us.
MrsMcS
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Anastasia question

Postby deegee » 23 Apr 2011, 02:41

Can I ask a quick question here?? :D
We are staying at the Anastasia Apartments in May - in one of the maisonettes. Does anyone know if these have private balconies or is No5 the only one?

After reading through these topics I can't wait to get there now! 8-)
deegee
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Anastasia question

Postby FLO » 23 Apr 2011, 21:17

Hi Deegee

From what I have researched you do have a private balcony in the maisonettes = it is quite close to next doors though, so not private in that sense. There is a photograph of them under the reviews of anastasia on trip advisor -

Have a lovely holiday Flo x
FLO
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Anastasia question

Postby deegee » 23 Apr 2011, 21:23

Thanks Flo
The more I am reading through this forum the more I am looking forward to it.
Not long to go now and I'll give a full report on my return :D
deegee
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Anastasia question

Postby FLO » 23 Apr 2011, 22:19

Your welcome Deegee. I am not in the anastasia until September, so will read your holiday report with great interest.
FLO
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Return to Accommodation