A little nervous

A little nervous

Postby The Deedle » 30 Aug 2007, 17:08

God, how exciting! After a year of reading all your wonderful postings, I have finally taken the plunge and signed up. Hands are a bit sweaty about submitting my first topic but having read some of your very funny conversations, I know I am in safe hands. 8-) I felt that I had to get in on the act, as I too will be in beautiful Symi in September, for the third time. Will be arriving next Friday for two and a half weeks, hurrah. And if I should see a handsome man wearing sandals, socks and drinking a mythos, I hope I am right in thinking that it will be Kojak? And lovely Maziemoo, I am sure you are not anything like your crazy picture that accompanies your comments but should I see someone who jumps out at people alot, I would recognise you anywhere! :o Allan, you are a whizz on the camera and thank you for bringing back so many glorious memories of the island for me. And what do you really look like behind those dark glasses? And of course there are many more of you that I have eavesdropped in on but I don't want to take up too much space for my first introduction, so will sign off and see if this has actually worked! :oops:
The Deedle
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

A little nervous

Postby Mille » 30 Aug 2007, 17:11

Welcome The Deedle :-)
Mille
Administrator
Administrator

A little nervous

Postby Kojak » 30 Aug 2007, 17:24

Hello Deedle and welcome to the madhouse! If you do see a handsome man in Symi, wearing socks and sandals, dont't do anything embarrassing as it won't be me! I won't be there until 26th September! You may, if you wish, congratulate him on his good taste!
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

A little nervous

Postby Allan » 30 Aug 2007, 17:30

Welcome The Deedle. Nice to hear from you.

Try stopping everyone you meet wearing dark glasses on Symi. One of them will be me. ;)
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

A little nervous

Postby The Deedle » 30 Aug 2007, 17:34

Thank you for the welcome. I feel a little less nervous now!
The Deedle
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

A little nervous

Postby Richard » 30 Aug 2007, 19:07

Welcome indeed and congratulations on summoning up the courage to enter the ring. I would like to say that we don't bite but I'm not sure that would be true. There have been stories ...

Enjoy your Symi trip. Don't drink all Pat's beer. Come to think of it, I shall be there as well towards the end of your visit so Allan may not be the only one wearing sunglasses.
Richard
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

A little nervous

Postby Joanie » 30 Aug 2007, 19:49

Welcome Deedle lovely to have you here,Its a shame you'll miss kojak,but as Richard said he'll be there,(a very nice man") :) .Come into the live chat later and have a good chat with us. :D :D
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

A little nervous

Postby Aspen » 30 Aug 2007, 21:53

Welcome, Deedle! Symi in September sounds like it should be the title of a song ... hope you have a great time.
Aspen
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

A little nervous

Postby maziemoo » 30 Aug 2007, 22:10

Hi Deedle...welcome, welcome :D ! I'm so pleased you summoned up the courage to post something and as I'm sure you've already noted, it is quite addictive :) !

You should try joining us on the Live Chat page too 8-) . I've only just started visiting there but it is really good to be able to chat to folks live and from what I've gathered, between 10pm and 11pm is a popular time.

I'm on Symi from 26th September to 10th October so I have a feeling you may be leaving as I arrive which is a great shame but if by any chance our dates allow us to meet, let me know and we can arrange to meet up :geek: .
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

A little nervous

Postby Kon » 31 Aug 2007, 02:28

Hey Deedle welcome to the site good to have you onboard ,enjoy. :geek: :D :D
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

A little nervous

Postby Mille » 31 Aug 2007, 09:47

Welcome to you too, Aspen :D
Mille
Administrator
Administrator

A little nervous

Postby Jan » 31 Aug 2007, 13:33

Afternoon, The Deedle. We'll look out for you - or we would if we knew what Deedles look like. Give us a clue...
Jan
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

A little nervous

Postby maziemoo » 31 Aug 2007, 14:17

Yes welcome to you too Aspen, it's really lovely to see new folks joining the throng :D :D
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

A little nervous

Postby The Deedle » 31 Aug 2007, 14:49

You have all been so kind. I feel like a long lost cousin being welcomed into the warm bosom of a large family. And I think I like it! :mrgreen: I echo Mille's welcome to Aspen and thank you for welcoming me in your first post and send a big welcome to you too. :D

Great that some of you will also be there when I am, I shall try to track you down. I assume I will be looking in Pat's Bar for a mysterious man who winks at me from behind dark glasses drinking with a couple of penguins and a symbol. Easy!

Mazie and Kojak, so annoying I will just have missed you, I leave on the 24th. It's difficult to go to the chat room as I can only access you all during my working hours, but don't tell anyone!

Jan, this particular Deedle is 5"7', blonde, drinks alot and likes to party, you can't miss her! ;) I have to admit that I don't think I have been in Pat's Bar before, not that I remember anyway. So it will be a whole new adventure for me.

Can't wait for Symi, this time next week I will just about be stepping off the hydrofoil. :D
The Deedle
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

A little nervous

Postby Joanie » 31 Aug 2007, 14:58

Have a great holiday Deedle,i'm sure you will have been in Pats bar.I hope you see some of our friends from here.Welcome to you too Aspen see you in the chatroom :D :D :D
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

A little nervous

Postby Kojak » 31 Aug 2007, 16:23

"Jan, this particular Deedle is 5"7', blonde, drinks alot and likes to party,"

Damn! - Deedle - are you sure you can't stay on? :geek: :geek:
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

A little nervous

Postby The Deedle » 31 Aug 2007, 17:42

Oh Kojak, don't tempt me. I so wish I could, it would have been lovely to have met you. But I will tell you that you will also be missing another 5"5' blonde who drinks about the same as me, parties even harder than me and will be my holiday companion! But I am sure we shall cross paths one day.
The Deedle
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

A little nervous

Postby Kojak » 31 Aug 2007, 19:11

Deedle, please leave some alcohol for Richard and I - we may work up a thirst on the rare occasions we imbibe!
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

A little nervous

Postby maziemoo » 31 Aug 2007, 21:36

I get the feeling my mate Kojak will be crying into his beer at having missed you Deeble :oops: :geek: :(
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

A little nervous

Postby Ange » 31 Aug 2007, 23:08

Hi Deedle,

Hope you have a lovely holiday on Symi. Really jealous, we've not made it this year!

Ange
Ange
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Next

Return to Messages from the forum admins