hello symi here we come

hello symi here we come

Postby sandy » 03 Sep 2007, 01:53

hello new to this site but just need a little contact with the people who live in symi or regular visitors . we have planned a trip to symi 26th sept can not wait after the weather we are having in gt britain and a very stressful but beutiful wedding of our daughters we are in need of a little sea sun and sand . The island looks just what we are looking for . we are staying at the tavranotis studios in chorio for one wk . so hope the weather will be kind to us we are knocking on a bit but love walking and the way of life in greece just a bit worried about the kalistrata hope we are not to far up . anyone stayed there ? a bit of info would be much appreciated ...... sandy n john
sandy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

hello symi here we come

Postby Kon » 03 Sep 2007, 04:27

Hi Sandy welcome to the site ,i cant help much with the place you are staying but i think you should be ok with the Kali Strata at that time of the year most of the summer heat would be gone and it will be more pleasent for walks ,have a great holiday. :geek:
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

hello symi here we come

Postby Kojak » 03 Sep 2007, 09:33

Hello Sandy and welcome to the noticeboard. I don't know the Tavranotis Studios and I can't find them listed on any of the companies I know deal with Symi. Who are you travelling with?.

The Kalistrata is quite steep but if you are staying near the top there are taxis and a regular bus service from the harbour - it's easier to walk down than up! Perhaps if you contact the Visitor Office, they will be able to help.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

hello symi here we come

Postby Adriana » 03 Sep 2007, 10:09

Not a name that rings any bells with me either. Are you sure you don't mean Taxiarchis, Sandy?
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

hello symi here we come

Postby Joanie » 03 Sep 2007, 11:21

Welcome Sandy its great having all these new members,i'm not going to Symi this year and i am going to miss it,i've been missing it since last October.You will love it especialy up there in Chorio its very quaint i have been to a lot of old villages in Grecce but this one beats them all,and the views are amazing.Nice to have you on board Sandy and maybe we can all meet up next year.Have a great holiday.
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

hello symi here we come

Postby Richard » 03 Sep 2007, 11:29

Yet another one for the late September spreadsheet. Hope you have a good time, Sandy. That ferry is going to be quite busy on the 26th. Mille and I will need at least 2 cameras when we photograph them all being thrown ashore in Yialos.

While you're on the ferry to Symi, please keep a careful eye on two doubtful characters who may be trying to empty the Symi of ouzo before she completes her journey.
Richard
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

hello symi here we come

Postby Mille » 03 Sep 2007, 11:31

Richard, Darling. I'll arrive 1.st october. I suggest you hook up with Adriana and her camera :twisted:
Maybe there will be a prize for the best papparazi shot? :twisted:
Mille
Administrator
Administrator

hello symi here we come

Postby maziemoo » 03 Sep 2007, 12:27

Welcome to the site Sandy...nice to have you on board :D . Hopefully I will get to meet you when I'm there :) .
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

hello symi here we come

Postby Kojak » 03 Sep 2007, 12:29

Er... I have always managed to disembark from the ferry in an upright position :P
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

hello symi here we come

Postby maziemoo » 03 Sep 2007, 12:30

:D Richard......the ouzo will all be gone by the time Kojak and I hit shore at Yialos :geek: 8-) !

[quote="Richard"]

Yet another one for the late September spreadsheet. Hope you have a good time, Sandy. That ferry is going to be quite busy on the 26th. Mille and I will need at least 2 cameras when we photograph them all being thrown ashore in Yialos.

While you're on the ferry to Symi, please keep a careful eye on two doubtful characters who may be trying to empty the Symi of ouzo before she completes her journey.
[/quote]
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

hello symi here we come

Postby Kojak » 03 Sep 2007, 12:35

I'm a tad perturbed about the term "hit" Richard - can you make that two wheelbarrows and a mattress? :o
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

hello symi here we come

Postby maziemoo » 03 Sep 2007, 13:37

Why darling, don't you think you're going to make it to your accommodation :geek: !
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

hello symi here we come

Postby Joanie » 03 Sep 2007, 13:42

:D :D :D hahahahahahahahahahahaha :D :D :D
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

hello symi here we come

Postby Joanie » 03 Sep 2007, 13:44

:D :D and make sure the wheelbarrow floats Richard,its across the harbour for Mazie :D :D
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

hello symi here we come

Postby Joanie » 03 Sep 2007, 13:49

Nice one Kon,i'm supposed to be very sad today,in 1 hour i am going to a funeral,and all i seem to have on my mind is 2 ouzoites,2 wheelbarrows,and now Mr Men,how i'll keep a staight face i dont know.
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

hello symi here we come

Postby Kon » 03 Sep 2007, 13:51

Sorry Joanie was it someone close.
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

hello symi here we come

Postby Joanie » 03 Sep 2007, 14:00

She was the mother of Sarah's friend only 55 and with Sarah living there now i'm going for her.But the same lady was a nurse in the coronary care unit when i had my heart attack,and i'll never forget her
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

hello symi here we come

Postby sandy » 03 Sep 2007, 14:55

[quote="Kojak"]

Hello Sandy and welcome to the noticeboard. I don't know the Tavranotis Studios and I can't find them listed on any of the companies I know deal with Symi. Who are you travelling with?.

The Kalistrata is quite steep but if you are staying near the top there are taxis and a regular bus service from the harbour - it's easier to walk down than up! Perhaps if you contact the Visitor Office, they will be able to help.
[/quote] :? im not suprised you have not heard of these studios have spelt the name wrong doh ive had a specially stressful weekend :evil: just got the tickets this morning 8-) im getting carried away now with these smilies the studios are named taxiarchis. now your going to tell me we are right at the top of the steps thanks for all your replys can not wait //sandy
sandy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

hello symi here we come

Postby Allan » 03 Sep 2007, 15:10

Taxiarchis is but two minutes (downhill!) walk from the bus stop Sandy. Just five minutes from the bars and tavernas of Chorio but very quiet. They are owned by one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. You'll love it!

View from Taxiarchis

[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/51/156409703_41ab231022.jpg[/img]
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

hello symi here we come

Postby maziemoo » 03 Sep 2007, 15:42

Love it, love it, love it :D :D :D
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Next