Webcam

Webcam

Postby big gus » 22 May 2018, 10:41

With the webcam being stuck for over two days, is that it for live pictures?
If it is, it's a sad day as many more than me have enjoyed a daily look at Symi. I would like to thank all who have looked after the camera for many years to provide us with the Symi fix.
big gus
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Re: Webcam

Postby Thomasdk » 22 May 2018, 12:06

I am also worried. Thought maybe if I didn't ask, I wouldn't jinx anything. I miss the webcam already, even if it has only been 2 days without it.
And yes, a big thank you for those (Allan? and Symivisitor) responsible for launching and maintaining it until now. I still hope it will go live and that someone will rescue it.
Thomasdk
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Allan » 22 May 2018, 18:42

Sadly, it appears the internet link from the camera has finally been cut and it's no longer feeding pictures to the server.

I'm going to miss it too.

I was going to remove the final image, replacing it with a blank screen or logo but decided to leave it as a reminder of the view we've had for so long thanks to the generosity of Wendy and Symi Visitor.
It is unlikely that the camera will be back in operation anytime soon but we will be doing all we can to get it going again sometime in the future.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Thomasdk » 22 May 2018, 22:37

Allan, I'm glad you left the image, even though I miss the live one.
I hope the webcam finds a new life, though I will miss almost being able to see Pachos, as well as the ships coming and going.
Thomasdk
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Gemma1 » 23 May 2018, 07:58

Thomasdk wrote:Allan, I'm glad you left the image, even though I miss the live one.
I hope the webcam finds a new life, though I will miss almost being able to see Pachos, as well as the ships coming and going.

Ditto, I will miss my morning Symi fix :( I hope that the webcam finds a new home eventually.
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Thomasdk » 24 May 2018, 11:18

Please let us know, if a kickstarter campaign or something can save the webcam. If it's just a matter of a bit of money, it would be worth sponsoring it.
Thomasdk
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Return to Messages from the forum admins