How hot??

How hot??

Postby Allan » 04 Aug 2008, 21:56

The perennial question!

The weather reports from Rhodes airport, as shown on the homepage, are always accurate but as we all know, it's much hotter on Symi.

So, in an attempt to answer the question of just how hot it really is I've installed some temperature measuring sensors on the Symi Visitor office terrace.

Unfortunately they're not yet working as reliably as I would have hoped but we are getting measurements, albeit spasmodically.

The aim eventually is to display the current Symi temperature on the homepage with a link to other weather information.

We're still working on all that but in the meantime the weather display image is finished and hopefully will appear on the homepage as soon as Mike has chance to edit the page.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

How hot??

Postby Mille » 05 Aug 2008, 11:59

34 c???

:o

In Denmark we are currently experiencing autumn like weather with lots of rain, storm and very low temperatures :(

Roll on september!
Mille
Administrator
Administrator

How hot??

Postby Allan » 05 Aug 2008, 16:42

The hottest I've seen the sensors measure in the last three weeks was 43 degrees - you wouldn't want it that hot in September Mille! :!:
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

How hot??

Postby maziemoo » 05 Aug 2008, 19:16

I would :!: !

[quote="Allan"]

The hottest I've seen the sensors measure in the last three weeks was 43 degrees - you wouldn't want it that hot in September Mille! :!:
[/quote]
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

How hot??

Postby Allan » 06 Aug 2008, 23:15

You're in luck Mazie!

It seems that someone turned up the Symi thermostat a few notches at two o-clock this afternoon. :!:
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Messages from the forum admins