HAIRDRESSER ?

Ask questions about the island of Symi

HAIRDRESSER ?

Postby Anthony » 17 Aug 2006, 23:10

In all my visits to Symi, I've never seen a men's (or unisex) hairdresser. Do Symi men have to choose between a trip to Rhodes and waiting for the mother/wife/girlfriend to get her scissors out?

I ask particularly because with next month's visit to Symi I'm going to have to choose otherwise between having an extra haircut before I go or looking like an Old English Sheepdog by the time I come back!
Anthony
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

HAIRDRESSER ?

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 18 Aug 2006, 04:17

I reckon they'd all be unisex, Anthony.
Just steer clear of Minas Coiffeur, you'll be well and truly clipped!!!
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

HAIRDRESSER ?

Postby Allan » 18 Aug 2006, 11:00

It looks as if we're going to be neighbours again for one week of your holiday Anthony. Twice in a year - I'm turning into some sort of stalker! :)

We usually have nail scissors in the first aid kit so if I can be of help just let me know. How hard can this hairdressing lark be? :twisted:
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

HAIRDRESSER ?

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 18 Aug 2006, 16:26

Easy, Allan? How about letting Anthony have a shot at you first? ;)
At least I don't have to worry about coiffeurs, I have a solar powered sex panel 8-) and go to the same barber as kojak.
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

HAIRDRESSER ?

Postby Allan » 18 Aug 2006, 16:33

I'm rapidly heading that way myself OG. It's the stress of moderating y'know! ;)
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

HAIRDRESSER ?

Postby Anthony » 18 Aug 2006, 23:51

Allan, I don't know about neighbours, because I'm staying at the Taxiarchis this year. The Makrakis was a bit far away from Jean's for my liking late at night (plus I prefer Chori� anyway). And as somebody who worked in the safety-conscious chemical industry I had drilled into me "always hold on to the hand-rail when going up or down stairs" (seemed a bit overcautious when I was in my 20s but now that I'm getting older and less steady it seems more like self-evident common sense). There's no handrail at all on the top third of the stairs down from Makrakis which made it seem particularly risky: a long flight of straight stairs broken only by short landings where you would most probably bounce before rolling on to the next flight and emerging on to the harbour road under the wheels of a passing car. Not so much :? as :( !

(I did make this comment to Laskarina on my holiday feed back form - it will be interesting to see whether anything has happened - though I doubt it!)
Anthony
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

HAIRDRESSER ?

Postby Allan » 19 Aug 2006, 11:07

Hi Anthony

I think you may be confusing me with someone else. :) I was your your upstairs-but-one neighbour for the last week of your holiday in May/June this year (most years in fact) and will be at Frank's for a week from Sept 20th.

Not long now! 8-)
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

HAIRDRESSER ?

Postby Anthony » 19 Aug 2006, 22:35

Apologies Allan - I've placed you now.

Two refugees from Laskarina who can't get their preferred accomodation in the George in September!
Anthony
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

HAIRDRESSER ?

Postby Allan » 19 Aug 2006, 23:49

Refugees who can't afford George twice a year in our case! :o
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Noticeboard