Greetings from Athens

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Greetings from Athens

Postby Kon » 20 Aug 2006, 17:51

Hello from Hania crete ,as you all know the weather is very hot 40-42 now but we love it well we are in Hania which i think is the better part of crete although i have had a few run ins with taxis the first involving the police but never mind ,well i went to a beach called Agia Marina today and it was far from as good as Agia Marina Symi I'm in the port area now having coffee then i pick up my wife and son who dosed off after their swim and go for a walk ,tommorow we head for a spot called the Stavro in Hania thats our favourite spot and beach in Crete.Well i hope you are all well write soon.Kon.
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Greetings from Athens

Postby Kieran » 21 Aug 2006, 12:38

I was in Stavros in June and thought it was one of my favourite places. A lovely little bay for swimming.

Try to ge to Falsarna, it's beautiful too.
Kieran
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Greetings from Athens

Postby Kon » 11 Sep 2006, 14:05

Well i'm back home ,not where i'd like to be ,funny thing happened on sunday i went to greek shop in the city to pick up some things for my wife and the owner says to me welcome back how was your trip so i told him ,then he asks me why do we go and book return tickets??you'd think we would learn.Any ways as you all know returning home from holidays is the worst part of the holidays :cry: We had fun and enjoyed everything Greece had to offer us ,everything from airlines to ships were perfect ,i wish i was still there but its back to work to save up for our next trip there ,Symi was my favourite ,Agia marina beach ,drank a few times up at Horio at my uncles drinking hole,Nireus hotel with its freindly staff including Pantelli who kept little Alexander entertained my wife got to know all the shops ,hence the reason i bought the fourth suitcase,even when we were leaving it was not goodbuy to Kon and family it was good buy to Alexander and the two adults in company :D its the sort of impact kids have on the locals .How much film did i take?well 12 hours of film and just over 1,100 photos .Hopefuly i will get some up on the site for you to see soon.
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Greetings from Athens

Postby Sapphire » 11 Sep 2006, 14:39

Welcome back Kon! Sounds like you had a great time! I knew you would :P

Coming home is always the hard part of any holiday, but it must have been doubly hard for you having family over there. Perhaps next time, you'll be buying open-ended returns ... :)

Sapphy x
Sapphire
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Greetings from Athens

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 11 Sep 2006, 15:01

Hey, Kon, welcome home!! I was just thinking about you yesterday and was about to put up an "where are you" on the board.
Glad you had a great time. Symi is something special, eh?
At least you are back in time for the finals. All is not lost, Kon, the Doggies just MIGHT be able to pull it off. :D I fear we West Aussie teams have got a lot of hard yakka in front of them. :(
Put up lots of photos, the ones with people in them, we have seen millions of Symi views. People at restaurants, on the beach, young Alex etc.
Sharpen your scissors. :geek:
Cheers, Ozzie Geoff
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Greetings from Athens

Postby Kon » 12 Sep 2006, 05:28

Hi guys ,Geoff its funny you know when i left mid july everything was normal ,i come back 2 well known aussies died spring carnival is on and football finals which by the way i could not be bothered with.I have to sort out some photos and will put them up asap.Yesterday was my first day back to work ,and it was good to see i was missed.
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Greetings from Athens

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 12 Sep 2006, 15:46

Hope you weren't too rusty with the scissors, Kon. :idea:
I'm not crazy about the AFL, its all money, money now and the rules have changed. Pity.
We may have a common interest, I follow the Spring Carnival avidly and love a punt. :) Sometimes too much!! :evil:
I sold the horse and it ran a fair race for its new connections, I know the new trainer, he used to train for Dad and told him to keep me informed.
I think he will as he and Dad pulled off a 50/1 to 5/2 plunge back in the late 70s with a horse called Kerim Bey. Eric, the trainer won so much dough that he built new stables and called them "Kerim Lodge".
The plunge is a story in itself :twisted:
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Greetings from Athens

Postby D and E » 12 Sep 2006, 19:34

Ozzie Jeff - being avid followers of the turf here in UK, but having a very poor flat season javascript:insertsmilie(' :evil: '), your latest message provides us with that eternal hope that all punters live with. Sounds a great theme for a book - spend a couple of years on Symi writing it !!
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Greetings from Athens

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 13 Sep 2006, 04:01

Hope springs eternal, D and E :oops:
Banner headline in the sports section this morning: "Money pours in for Irish stayer, Yeats". They are referring to The Melbourne Cup which is run on the first tuesday in November.
Our Takeover Target won a big race in the UK a few months ago. He ran second in a big race in Japan on Sunday. :D
Do you know the story behind TT?
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Greetings from Athens

Postby D and E » 13 Sep 2006, 19:37

TT is owned by an Oz taxi driver isn't he ?

Speedy type at Ascot I think - ran early in the week and won - tried to do a double that week and was edged out but a brave try.

As you might imagine didn't have any dosh on his victory.

Could the Symi Visitor Chat Page become an alternative to the Racing Post tipping line ???

Must make sure to remember the time difference when we are in Symi over the next few weeks so we can phone in a bet on the Arc - the joy of throwing away good money !!!

javascript:insertsmilie(' :geek: ')
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Previous

Return to Noticeboard