possiblility of coming to Symi next week

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Postby Olive » 13 Nov 2006, 20:39

Just checked the website for the ferry timetable, looks like they all stopped on the 31 October... ...
Will I have to swim
Only joking I know its possible to get to Symi anytime of year, and have the number of the port police, but its an expensive phone call from Iceland.

Olive.
Olive
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby symivisitor » 13 Nov 2006, 21:33

Hi Olive,

You must have bookmarked the previous ferry timetable page, which has now been replaced by a direct link to :)
symivisitor
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Olive » 14 Nov 2006, 13:40

Thanks Mike.

I have just checked the Greek Travel Pages and am concerned I can�t find any ferry to Symi!

It looks like G and A are no longer stopping there.

ALSO
Pride and the Express have cut symi from there schedule

... .... .... this is disastrous for all :?:
Olive
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby Olive » 14 Nov 2006, 13:44

I should have said I was trying to find ferry from [b]Piraeus[/b. The airline prices have increased to sky high, and was trying to cut out the domestic flight to save a money.
Olive
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby Andy W » 14 Nov 2006, 15:23

One option would be to travel from Pireus to Kos leaving on Wednesday or Friday evenings on one of the faster ferries (Blue Star 2 or Diagoras) which get into Kos around 04.35 the following morning, giving a "nice" connection into Proteus on her way south on Thursday and Saturday mornings leaving at 06:00, and arriving Symi at 11:15.
This is actually quicker than GA usually managed on a direct ferry, and you have a fallback if the Pireus boat is delayed on the way south of stopping on it to Rhodes and getting the afternoon ANES sailing to Symi.
Even the pain of making the connection at that time of the morning isn't too bad since Kos has a sea terminal building with a cafe, and how much sleep would you have had on the GA service which often stopped at 7 or 8 islands before they got to Symi, with all the clanging and clattering and loudspeaker announcements!
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Olive » 14 Nov 2006, 15:57

Thanks Andy

Twice a week - thats fine!

Shame I only have a weeks holiday and it doesn't fit with my timetable. It looks like no Symi for me this time. Pitty I was looking forward to a night at the Glaros!
Olive
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby Glen » 14 Nov 2006, 18:28

It's more travelling but you'll probably have more options going straight to Rhodes on one of the big boats then back tracking to Symi.
Glen
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Return to Noticeboard