Aghia Triada

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Aghia Triada

Postby alexia » 14 Nov 2006, 11:22

Can anyone give me the address for a church in symi called Holy trinity...or aghia triada....I am from australia and my mother was born in symi. Unfortunately she is dying of cancer and wishes to send a few items back to this church.
alexia
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Aghia Triada

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 14 Nov 2006, 12:53

Hello Alexia, It must be a very sad time for you.I pray that you stay strong.
I am sure that somebody from Symi Visitor will get back to you. They are working on the winter schedule so are not in the office everyday.
I am from Oz also, I live in Perth, I bet you are a Melbourne girl. :oops:
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Aghia Triada

Postby alexia » 14 Nov 2006, 13:07

Hi. No I am a Sydney girl trying to keep focus on life. Hpw does a perth man know about a little island in greece. I am shocked that there is a website on Symi
alexia
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Aghia Triada

Postby Kon » 14 Nov 2006, 13:30

Hi alexia, Symi may be a small island but its beauty is hhhhhhhhuuuuuuuge.By the way i too am from oz in Melbourne,i think i read that Agia Triada is up in Chorio.Anyway good to have another Aussie onboard
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Aghia Triada

Postby alexia » 15 Nov 2006, 11:13

Kon......I know it is beautiful. I went there in 88 but did not stay for long in simi.....would love to chat with you and geoff on msn if you both wish. I am not use to these chat system
alexia
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Aghia Triada

Postby Hermes » 15 Nov 2006, 23:52

Hello Alexia, I'm sorry to hear about your mother. The church of Agia Triada is about as high up in Chorio (the Upper Town of Symi) as it is possible to go, and about as far South too, below the main Panormitis road, and a few minutes walk from the parking area at the end of the Pireotissa road. It's a dominating and beautiful building with a gorgeous dome and twin belltowers.

The address is Agia Triada Church, Chorio, Symi, 85600 Dodecanese, Greece. I'm pretty certain the Post Office would deliver the package but you may be better off sending it to someone on Symi who would agree to deliver it for you. There is only one Symi resident that I know of uses this page, which is maybe why you haven't had a response. Many more use a different Symi chat page and I am sure you'll find someone there who lives on Symi who would be more than happy to make sure your package gets safely to its destination.
Hermes
Visitor

Aghia Triada

Postby alexia » 16 Nov 2006, 12:25

Hermes,
I can not thank you enough..........I told my mum that I found the address and she was so happy. Very rare at this stage in her life. I have her with me at home and what you did to take the time to reply makes me realy think about peoples kindness.
alexia
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Aghia Triada

Postby Joanie » 16 Nov 2006, 22:18

Geoff, my daughter is moving to Perth in the new year,Coogee.Do you know it?I will miss her very much .But i will be able to have long visits,and also visit my friend who lives in Gwelup,so it wont be too bad.I'll be in bits the day she leaves.
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Aghia Triada

Postby Adriana » 17 Nov 2006, 07:59

Useful Tip - The address given is applicable to anyone on Symi who does not have a post office box as there is no system of 'proper' street addresses. There is, however, a tendency for mail addressed in Roman characters to wind up in the Post Restante box at the post office so if you do want to write a letter to a Symiot, do put the recipient's name clearly in Greek on the envelope.
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Aghia Triada

Postby hilarias » 30 Nov 2006, 07:40

AS far as i know Alexia there is not really an address just address it to the priest at the church Father Gabriel Vogaytzis Agia Triada Symi. I pray for strength for you and your family. May God be with you
hilarias
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Aghia Triada

Postby Adriana » 01 Dec 2006, 08:32

We received the following letter in the post this morning:

Dear Nikos,

Thank you very much for delivering this for my mother. Her name is Komissa Kokkinou and she is 74 years old. At the moment she is in hospital with not much time to live. Her request was to send this small donation to Aghia Triada. She was born in Symi and moved to Rhodes then Australia.

Once again I thank you so much and wish you all the best. I am sure if you asked around you would find most people would know the Kokkinou name.

Yours truly
Alexia Milogiannakis

Alexia, you will be happy to know that Nikos is delivering the enclosed envelope personally to Agia Triada this afternoon.
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Aghia Triada

Postby alexia » 07 Dec 2006, 11:35

I thank you all....................My mum passed away on the 30th November. The funeral was yesterday. It was only 4 weeks when she was told she had cancer. SHe was a strong woman and a kind hearted person.
Once again I thank you all and may god bless you though life....
Alexia
alexia
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Aghia Triada

Postby Mille » 07 Dec 2006, 11:41

My sympathy to you and your family, Alexia.
Mille
Administrator
Administrator

Aghia Triada

Postby Kon » 07 Dec 2006, 11:58

Alexia i am so sorry for your loss ,(silipitiria kai zoi se sas)our thoughts are with you.
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Aghia Triada

Postby Adriana » 07 Dec 2006, 14:43

Dear Alexia,

How sad. Our sympathies are with you.

Everyone at the Symi Visitor office.
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Aghia Triada

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 07 Dec 2006, 14:58

Alexia, I am sorry I did not get back to you but will do in the new year. How very kind of Nikos to carry out your mother's request personally.
Whilst I am very sad to hear of your loss, you can be comforted
that your mother did not suffer for months and sometimes years that many cancer patients have to endure.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sads time.
Geoff
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Return to Noticeboard