ANES - online booking

Ask questions about the island of Symi

ANES - online booking

Postby Olive » 21 Dec 2006, 16:34

WOULD ANYONE DARE TO TRY IT? :?

I haven�t read the terms and conditions but wonder what would happen if you were booked onto a ferry that had the time table was yet again re-schedule :evil: � would passengers be kept informed of the updates � would ANES be liable to compensate for missed departures due to re-scheduling. Surly if you are booked onto a ferry, then you have entered into some form of contract with the company.

Personally I wouldn�t bother � but could be intresting.
Olive
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

ANES - online booking

Postby Anthony » 21 Dec 2006, 22:16

I haven't read the terms and conditions either, but as a lawyer I can assure you that whatever contract you have entered into incorporates those terms. Any half-competent lawyer drafting them for ANES would ensure such things as no liability for missed connections, freedom to change the schedule for whatever reason at any time and anything else that it was in the company's interest to duck out of! :cry: And so far as informing you of subsequent changes, when you go into the ANES office and buy a ticket over the counter, do you find that they ask you where you are staying so somebody can dash up the Kali Strata to find you and tell you the ferry is leaving half an hour earlier in the morning?

No, I thought not! :evil:
Anthony
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

ANES - online booking

Postby Adriana » 22 Dec 2006, 11:08

Mind you the present problem is not entirely ANES' fault as there are other players involved. :?

But, having assured us that they had corrected the schedule on line, I noticed this morning that it still says that the Proteus leaves Rhodes today at the old departure time of 13.00 whereas the printed schedule in their office says 12.00 - and that is something that is within their control. :evil:
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

ANES - online booking

Postby Olive » 22 Dec 2006, 15:09

Anthony your comments about the legalities are very fare and I�m sure your right that A.N.E.S. would cover themselves legally.

I was pleasantly surprised last year when Olympic airways left a message on my mobile to advise me that they had cancelled my domestic flight, and put me onto a later one. It gave me time to re- organise my travel plans in order not to miss my onward journey which included an international flight and a long distance train journey. Olympic Airlines, both the local agent in Symi and the International office where I had purchased my ticket were extremely helpful in re-scheduling my tickets and getting me away the night before. Thankfully it was in the days or more frequent ferry services, and I had no trouble in getting off the island.

When ANES change the schedule at short notice, and after a booking has been made and paid for (and not always because of bad weather, which I understand is beyond their control,) � a telephone call / or an update on their web site is not a lot to ask.

At the end of the day they are a service industry, and without passengers there would be no ship or jobs - we as paying passengers deserve to be treated with some respect.
Olive
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

ANES - online booking

Postby Adriana » 28 Dec 2006, 10:44

As at 10.30 this morning (28 Dec) ANES still has not announced the January schedule. They say that it has been drafted but cannot be released until it is approved, which is unlikely to be before Saturday morning (30 December). :(
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Noticeboard