Dodecanese Seaways

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Dodecanese Seaways

Postby Adriana » 03 Feb 2007, 11:00

As I mentioned on 23 January in the (now locked) thread on shipping, Dodecanese Seaways is coming back into operation this month. :D

As soon as the route is approved they will be putting the schedule up on their website, It is hoped that they will be in service by the middle of the month but once again approval is required from the relevant authorities before the route becomes official and can be publicised. :?

What is proposed and what actually takes place can be two very different things - those who live here all year round, Symiots and foreign residents alike, have long since learnt to adopt an 'I'll believe it when I see it' philosophy to things like shipping schedules. Otherwise you can spend a lot of your life :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Meanwhile all shipping has once again ground to a halt as our weekly gale is howling through. Surf's up in the harbour and the Aegli is tied up outside Elpida's. :o
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Dodecanese Seaways

Postby Adriana » 03 Feb 2007, 15:19

PS I love the way the :evil: all do it in unison... :twisted:

Going home now to light the fire. Dug up some beautiful new potatoes this morning which we'll have for supper. It's worth carting all that cow pooh across from the windmills every winter. :)

:| :| :| :| :| :| :|
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Noticeboard