Ferry / Flying Dolphin times

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Postby Diane Laiolo » 12 Feb 2007, 20:31

We are due to arrive at Rhodes airport June 07 - Wednesday pm 3.15
What time do the ferries/flying dolphins run until?
first time Rhodes/Symi really looking forward to trip.
Rgds
Diane
Diane Laiolo
Starting Visitor

Postby symivisitor » 12 Feb 2007, 21:33

The ferry timetables are not published that far in advance, unfortunately. You can be fairly sure, however, that there will be some sort of service early evening when you arrive, probably 6.30pm. If your flight is on time, you will make this crossing comfortably. :)
symivisitor
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Richard » 12 Feb 2007, 21:38

Welcome to the site. You have asked the BIG question. The ferry situation is a little vague at the moment since the ferry contract is the subject of tender, retender, objections and court proceedings. Worry not, all will be well in the end. We can always swim the odd 23 miles if necessary, pulling our cases behind us. This site will continue to give us all the entertaining details of the pantomime as things get even more exciting. The present routes and times seem to be continuing whilst the mess is sorted out.
As Mike says, there has always been a ferry at c. 18:30 and I am sure that this will indeed be the case. There may well also be an earlier ferry, usually at about 15:00 but the later planes may just miss that one. You will enjoy ambling around Rhodes for a couple of hours, especially if you have not visited before.
Keep an eye on this page and on the main Symivisitor.com page. The details vary from day to day but the existing ANES link will give you the present routes and times for each ferry. (I'm not cynical, Adriana, am I?)
Don't worry, it's wonderful when you get there. What made you choose this amazing Island?
Richard
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby MacDuff » 13 Feb 2007, 06:54

Diane welcome to the Chat :D . I visited Symi for only three days last October. I have now visited a dozen of the Greek islands. But Symi left such an impression that I am returning for a couple of weeks in May 8-) :D :) . The island has so much to offer and the ambience is unique :geek:
MacDuff
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby maziemoo » 16 Feb 2007, 10:35

I have to agree with MacDuff, Symi certainly has a unique quality.

I've visited several Greek islands as well as the mainland and loved them all but Symi has truly won my heart..it's the only place I've visited and not felt a little homesick at some point in the holiday, in fact last time I left, it was a VERY tearful goodbye!

I visited twice last year and I'm coming back at the beginning of May and really can't wait. I travel alone but never feel alone, such is the warmness and hospitality of the island and it's inhabitants, that it feels like home.

Just 74 days, 23hours and 32 mins to take off....sad of what?!!!
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Allan » 16 Feb 2007, 10:42

Not sad at all Maz, we all do that!

I'll be about 27 days 22 hours and 40 minutes behind you. 8-)
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Oor Willie » 16 Feb 2007, 10:59

We will be 7 days behind you Allan so I'll probably bump into you you at Pat's at some point
Oor Willie
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Mille » 16 Feb 2007, 11:05

I'm not jealous at all, naaaahaaa :(
Mille
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MacDuff » 17 Feb 2007, 01:53

Welcome Maziemoo :) I shall be just seven days behind you. :) One Canadian (of Scots origin and some in depth knowledge of the auld enemy :twisted: ) staying at Fiona and Michaelis' place :) . :D 8-) .
MacDuff
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Kon » 17 Feb 2007, 11:53

Well said Maziemoo Symi does leave an impression on you ,for me even though i was born in Australia and live in Australia i somehow feel that i am away from home. :cry: Welcome to the chat page by the way ;)
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Noticeboard