New Greek Symi Newspaper

Ask questions about the island of Symi

New Greek Symi Newspaper

Postby Adriana » 27 Nov 2007, 07:16

The Symi Visitor welcomes the launch of �The News of Symi�, a Greek language monthly published by the municipality cultural centre under the editorship of Lemonia Tsirimona and Dimitri Chysochoos and published by the mayor in his capacity as chairman of the cultural centre. :D

For more details, see my diary page!
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

New Greek Symi Newspaper

Postby Tove » 27 Nov 2007, 09:10

Do you think it will be avaiable on the internet?
Tove
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

New Greek Symi Newspaper

Postby Adriana » 27 Nov 2007, 09:18

At this stage I don't think so as it is aimed primarily at the residents of Symi and not many of them are on line at home.

The November edition has only just come out this weekend and it is available free from the town hall. :D
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

New Greek Symi Newspaper

Postby captbalou » 28 Nov 2007, 16:21

I wish they would consider publishing an English version for our adult children that don't read Greek, My children don't have a Greek mother and I am first generation born American but the blood of Symi courses powerfully through our Hearts and even though we have never been to symi it is an unexplainable feeling! How do I find your Diary? George PhD
captbalou
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

New Greek Symi Newspaper

Postby Adriana » 28 Nov 2007, 16:36

Many of our subscribers to the Symi Visitor newspaper are Diaspora Symiots like yourself, Captbalou, and we sent out copies to the USA, Australia, South Africa ... wherever there are groups of Symiots who want to stay in touch with their roots. I am surprised you haven't heard of us as some of your extended family members and friends are on our subscription list!

You will find my diary if you go to the home page and click onto Latest News which is on the right hand side bar, immediately under the Chat Page button which brought you to this forum! :D
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

New Greek Symi Newspaper

Postby captbalou » 28 Nov 2007, 16:37

How do you write the Ch sound or symbol in Greek? Are you in the same time zone as Athens?
captbalou
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Return to Noticeboard