costs?????

Ask questions about the island of Symi

costs?????

Postby sarah » 29 Apr 2008, 19:58

[quote="Mille"]

Aw, Sarah. You're my kind of girl. :D

You remind me of myself 20 years ago :o [/quote]

:geek: cheers lol there are sensible young drinkers around in the uk i dont know of many but there are somewhere another reason jen is coming with me i couldnt cope staying a week with someone who only wants to go clubbing and get drunk every night id end up doing some harm lol :twisted: :?
sarah
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

costs?????

Postby Anthony » 29 Apr 2008, 23:32

[quote="Allan"]

MacDuff, the company Anthony was trying to recall was probably Kosmar Holidays.
[/quote]
Quite correct! And I don't get the impression that Sarah is anywhere near qualifying to travel with Saga! :twisted: :twisted:
Anthony
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

costs?????

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 30 Apr 2008, 03:20

In no way was I suggesting you were a couple of soaks, Sarah. :D
You are my type of girls, a few quiet drinks, lots of conversation and a reasonable early night.. :geek:
Go, enjoy your holiday and tell us all about it.... :|
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

costs?????

Postby sarah » 30 Apr 2008, 08:18

i wasnt saying u were Ozzie Geoff i was just making conversation about my drinking habits sorry if it sounded like i was sounding annoyed or anything it wasnt my intention and you can bet ill be on here the week after my hol blabbing about how great it all was i cant wait
sarah
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

costs?????

Postby The Deedle » 30 Apr 2008, 21:37

What goes on on tour, stays on tour! ;)

Sarah, you have that wonderful feeling now that you have a great holiday to look forward to!

Try to top up the tan during the long extra hot Summer that England will be basking in!! :P
The Deedle
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

costs?????

Postby Allan » 30 Apr 2008, 22:17

[quote="The Deedle"]

Try to top up the tan during the long extra hot Summer that England will be basking in!!
[/quote]
England and the rest of the British Isles surely. ;)
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

costs?????

Postby MacDuff » 01 May 2008, 06:48

Allan, Anthony: My comment followed Anthony saying: "(drat, Iv'e forgotten the name of the third and probably the cheapest - old age) WHOSE :twisted:
MacDuff
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

costs?????

Postby sarah » 01 May 2008, 13:49

[quote="The Deedle"]

What goes on on tour, stays on tour! ;)

Sarah, you have that wonderful feeling now that you have a great holiday to look forward to!

Try to top up the tan during the long extra hot Summer that England will be basking in!! :P
[/quote]

please remember i live in wales deeds a tan round here means electrical equipment was used lol you cant really get a tan with 5 mins of sunshine we get in summer
sarah
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

costs?????

Postby SamanthaF » 01 May 2008, 15:17

Lot's of availability with Kosmar and Olympic for October. By far the best value and easiest way to do it.
SamanthaF
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

costs?????

Postby Allan » 01 May 2008, 16:33

[quote="SamanthaF"]

Lot's of availability with Kosmar and Olympic for October. By far the best value and easiest way to do it.
[/quote]As a general rule perhaps but it's always wise to check, as Sarah has done, before dismissing the independent option.

For instance, on the dates she's chosen the cheapest available Olympic holiday will save around �5.50 per person and that's using night flights.

The only available Kosmar holiday is �47.00 per person more than travelling independently.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

costs?????

Postby Adriana » 01 May 2008, 16:46

It's important also to check arrival and departure times as if they are cheap night flights you can find that you lose two days of your holiday camping in hotel foyers or in transit. Happened to my mother the first time she came to visit, travelling with Kosmar. They wound up with only 5 nights on Symi out of the week :cry: and were at the mercy of the package company when it came to their transfer arrangements. That was back in 2002, mind you, so things may well have improved since then, I hope! :idea:

One advantage of travelling independent is that even if your flights are at inconvenient times you have some control over which connections you catch to and from Symi and where you go in between. :D
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

costs?????

Postby Richard » 01 May 2008, 17:09

Unfortunately, Adriana, now that Kosmar are tied up with XL, things have got considerably worse since 1982. All our daytime XL and MyTravel flights have disappeared completely. We used to like the 07:00 and 07:10 flights from Bristol as they arrive at a very sensible time to give us a couple of hours ambling around the Old Town before catching the 18:30 ferry. No longer.

It seems as if XL and Kosmar don't want anyone to fly to Rhodes any more, even though their old flights were always fully booked.
Richard
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

costs?????

Postby Adriana » 01 May 2008, 17:25

Many of the people who book with the Symi Visitor come from places that are badly served by the package holiday companies. It is almost as though anyone who does not live within spitting distance of London or Manchester should not expect to want to take holidays in Greece!

:?
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

costs?????

Postby Kojak » 01 May 2008, 18:02

As always, the best advice is to shop around before you book or buy anything. Thank goodness for the internet!
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

costs?????

Postby Adriana » 01 May 2008, 18:08

If you are fortunate enough to be near London or Manchester, it often works out cheaper to book a cheap package to Faliraki and just use the flights than to book flights only.

:)
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

costs?????

Postby Anthony » 01 May 2008, 23:08

[quote="MacDuff"]

- old age) WHOSE :twisted:
[/quote] Mine, I fear [img]http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/confused/confused0001.gif[/img] [img]http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/confused/confused0001.gif[/img]
Anthony
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

costs?????

Postby MacDuff » 01 May 2008, 23:25

Don't feel too bad Anthony, I'm pretty sure that You have a long way to go :D I started school prior to World War 11 :idea:
MacDuff
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

costs?????

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 02 May 2008, 03:57

Good thinking, Adriana. I did that from Sweden in '86.Booked the cheapest el cheapo package to Rhodes and then hopped over to the island.
It worked out quite well as I had accomodation for the first and last night...along with about 100 million ferocious mosquitoes.. :o
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

costs?????

Postby Anthony » 02 May 2008, 23:53

[quote="MacDuff"]

I started school prior to World War 11 :idea:
[/quote]
World War 11 [img]http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/confused/confused0013.gif[/img]

I started school just before the end of World War II. [img]http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/confused/confused0001.gif[/img]
Anthony
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

costs?????

Postby MacDuff » 03 May 2008, 02:21

So I guess I've got about 5 (five) years on you. It may not sound like a lot, but it has you (just) still on the better side of the BIG 70. :idea:
MacDuff
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

PreviousNext

Return to Noticeboard