Can we still afford it?

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Can we still afford it?

Postby SueO » 26 May 2009, 13:13

Hi all

I'm back in circulation after 3 months of hell with back problems which culminated in emergency surgery a few weeks ago. Life is starting to feel possible again and our thoughts are, of course, turning to Symi. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Really pleased to see that so many regulars have managed to get their early fix this year - just wondering how you found things money wise. Is the Triton back in the water yet? If so...what sort of price this year? How about the all important :geek: and taverna prices?

Any indications from recent returnees would be gratefully received!!

For those of you who've yet to travel...have a fantastic time and an Ouzo or six for me in case we don't make it this year :)

Best wishes to you all. Sue
SueO
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Can we still afford it?

Postby Kojak » 26 May 2009, 13:28

Hello Sue, pleased to hear from you again. I hope the surgery worked. I know only too well what it's like, having neck and shoulder trouble for years too.

Prices are up I think, average 2 to 2.5 euros for a large beer. Pachos is still the best bet for reasonable prices. Eating out, we found an average of about �15 - that included drinks. The Neraida is still cheap and very good value.

The Triton made a quick trip into the harbour but was almost immediately back out of the water in Harani. I would imagine that it's back afloat by now. We were there early in the season so not all the taxi boats etc. were running and Yiannis with the Poseidon mainly did round the island trips. He was going to to the Saturday Datca run but cancelled it when we were there because he had only 6-8 passengers. I imagine this will change as you get further into the season and tourist numbers (hopefully) pick up.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Can we still afford it?

Postby Joanie » 30 May 2009, 07:22

Welcome back Sue. Glag your felling so much better now, and I hope you do get to Symi this year :geek: :geek: :geek:
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Noticeboard