The Return of the Aegli

Ask questions about the island of Symi

The Return of the Aegli

Postby Adriana » 30 Jun 2009, 08:17

Yes, the Aegli is back on Anes' schedule. She resumes service from Friday 3 July... :D :D :D :D :D
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

The Return of the Aegli

Postby Richard » 30 Jun 2009, 08:50

Well, well. I thought she was in a permanent coma. She has been showing up on marinetraffic.com in Mandraki for the last 6 months without moving so must have kept her Decca switched on.

I assumed that she was to form part of the new Colossus, which should have been completed by now. Well done, ANES.
Richard
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

The Return of the Aegli

Postby Kojak » 30 Jun 2009, 13:01

The last time I saw her, in Mandraki it looked as if they were stripping her down ready for the breakers yard!
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

The Return of the Aegli

Postby D and E » 30 Jun 2009, 19:57

It may be quick and must be great for the locals going back and fore to Rhodes but we always like the boat and the liesurely ouzos en route and then the view from the deck coming round the headland never fails to put a lump in our throats. But any additional options for getting to Symi is of course welcome.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

The Return of the Aegli

Postby Adriana » 01 Jul 2009, 07:39

Well, it does mean that those who have morning flights on Mondays, Tuesdays and Saturdays can now get across to Rhodes in good time on the day of departure and don't have to leave Symi a day early and that makes a huge difference for Greek, French and Italian visitors in July and August. :D :D

Perhaps somebody worked out just how much business Symi was losing if all those people arrived a day late and left a day early! :o :D
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Noticeboard