Symi Time

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Symi Time

Postby Buzzy » 24 Sep 2009, 14:22

Will the clocks go back an hour on October 25th in Symi the same as in the UK?
Buzzy
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Symi Time

Postby snoopy2 » 24 Sep 2009, 15:17

[quote="Buzzy"]

Will the clocks go back an hour on October 25th in Symi the same as in the UK?
[/quote]
:) :) Symi's timeless so just check time before your ferry home - other than that leave your watch and alarm at home. Enjoy :) :D
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Symi Time

Postby Andy W » 24 Sep 2009, 15:40

Buzzy, the whole of the EU changes between summer and winter time on the same dates, even Symi, though it may take a few days before anyone gets round to changing the time on the clock tower. Symi is still fairly timeless for visitors, but the islanders do like watching things like televised sports matches these days, and you only have to find you've missed half of one, or tuned in an hour early, to realise your watch is wrong. Then there's mobile phones that change the time displayed automatically on the right day......
I'm getting old - I can remember Symi before the mobile revolution.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Symi Time

Postby Buzzy » 24 Sep 2009, 15:42

Thanks. Well I wouldn't want to miss the ferry home would I? On second thoughts.....
Buzzy
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Symi Time

Postby Andy W » 24 Sep 2009, 16:43

I missed the ferry home once a few years ago because I overslept, but unluckily there was a later ferry that still connected with the flight at Rhodes......
As recently as last October I was booked on Symi 2 returning to Rhodes on my way home but it couldn't sail because ANES had forgotten to register the timetable change with the Port Police. The Dodecanese Pride was in port and had space, otherwise I'd have been able to claim on the travel insurance.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Noticeboard