Symi in June

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Symi in June

Postby MARTIN RIPLEY » 12 Apr 2010, 16:03

We are returning to Symi after a 2 year break, but we will be visiting on 2 June, which is about 3-4 weeks earlier than normal. Can any of you good Symi-ites, re-assure my wife and I, that the weather will be the usual Symi scorchio! I've been looking back on Adriana's archive messages and the weather can be variable. We are so looking forward to getting back to Symi, but it would be good to know,for instance, how cool the evenings are likely to be. Thanks. Martin and Lyndsay.
MARTIN RIPLEY
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Symi in June

Postby Allan » 12 Apr 2010, 16:37

It will be wonderful Martin! 8-)

Last year at that time the temperature went from 'nice and hot' to 'Symi scorchio' over the two week period.

It was never cool enough in the evenings to need a jumper.

I have known it rain in early June but it's very rare indeed.

I'm sure the weather from June 2nd will be wonderful. In fact it had better be! ;)
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Symi in June

Postby Kojak » 12 Apr 2010, 19:33

It should be nice a hot, Martin. As an added bonus you will just miss me as I leave on June 2nd! :twisted:
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Symi in June

Postby Oor Willie » 12 Apr 2010, 19:53

I see we have got our timing right again Kojak as we also arrive on the 2nd of June, Martin we have been there 1st. fortnight in June for the last 5 years and have had 2 rainy days in all that time and the temperature is usualy into the ninties by the time we leave.
Oor Willie
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Symi in June

Postby Kojak » 12 Apr 2010, 22:38

One day your luck will run out, Willie, one day... :twisted:
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Symi in June

Postby Colette » 22 Apr 2010, 23:32

Hi Willie, I arrive on June 9th, Cathy and John too (and I believe Pam and Martin) so no doubt we will have the usual June get together with anyone else who is on the island at the same time. Looking forward to seeing you and Heather and hopefully hearing the new(ish) CD
Colette
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Symi in June

Postby Oor Willie » 23 Apr 2010, 01:06

Hi Colette looking forward to seeing you all again, if we don't just bump into each other by chance as usual how about meeting up Saturday 12th at Evoi Evan for after beach or pre diner drinks or possibly later on upstairs for food and or booze as I assume you staying are up in Horio as usual, and I will bring you the CD, I may even sign it for you.
Oor Willie
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Symi in June

Postby Colette » 24 Apr 2010, 00:02

Oh Willie I'm getting giddy now - a signed copy!!!The first one is still in the car, does this make me a groupie? Yes I'm "up" as usual but we can arrnage a meet up at Evoi Evan, with Pat of course and maybe another evening in the village, we will go with the flow as per the norm ( or without you K in June) Actually a meal upstairs seems a good idea as I will be celebrating my retirement which will occur a week after I get back home - sounds like a reason to me.
Colette
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Symi in June

Postby Oor Willie » 25 Apr 2010, 16:10

Sonds like a good reson to me as well Colette.
Oor Willie
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Symi in June

Postby muppet » 09 May 2010, 16:26

Sounds a good reason to us too. Looking forward to seeing you all again.
I think a little get together at Karnayo was mentioned some time ago. Any of you intersted in a little drinkie and some meatballs?
muppet
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Symi in June

Postby Colette » 09 May 2010, 20:18

Hi Pam, I remember and it still sounds good to me.And I've got the unopened Sunrise envelope from September to open on the ferry. :)
Colette
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Symi in June

Postby Oor Willie » 10 May 2010, 13:22

Hi Pam sounds good to me as well but you may need to have an oxygen cylinder waiting for me when I get up there, failing that a stiff ouzo may do the trick
Oor Willie
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Symi in June

Postby Oor Willie » 18 May 2010, 01:25

Looks like there are a lot of people arriving 9th./ 10th. June we are going to have to be very quiet and restrained during our first week as it looks like non stop party time on week 2, I bet you wish you were going a week later Norman, but rest assured Michelle has you room ready and is looking forward to your arrival, well thats what she told Heather earlier today.
Oor Willie
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Symi in June

Postby Kojak » 18 May 2010, 03:07

Cheers, Oor Willie. I've started panic packing early! Funny how people always seem to have parties AFTER I've been... :evil: Still, I expect there'll be enough fun and a few shandies to keep me entertained. :D
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Symi in June

Postby muppet » 24 May 2010, 22:22

Colette, John and Cath, Oor Willie and Heather. How about making the meeting on Saturday 12th up at Karnayo? Or would you prefer to stick with the usual meeting place?
Oxygen/ouzo could be on tap and it is easier to reach if you approach it from the back i.e from near Nos Beach. Only a slope to climb then and steps to go down.
Anyone else likely to be there and wanting to meet us all?
muppet
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Symi in June

Postby Oor Willie » 25 May 2010, 19:22

Sounds ok to me Pam I will consult she who must be obeyed when I get home from work, Ken and Jen will be there in fact I think they will probably be coming out on the same flight as you
Oor Willie
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Symi in June

Postby muppet » 25 May 2010, 23:47

The more the merrier !
muppet
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Symi in June

Postby Colette » 29 May 2010, 20:54

Muppet, that sounds like a good idea, we'll make the arrangements when we see you on the ferry, Jon's much better at directions than Cathy and I, and I'm sure we'll find Heather and Willie before then to sort out a time. Not long now xx
Colette
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Symi in June

Postby Oor Willie » 29 May 2010, 21:03

Hi all, do you know which ferry you will be on? if you let us know we will try and be there to form a welcoming commitee. all being well we will be there on next Thursday morning's Dodecanese and we will see you in 11 days Yahoo
Oor Willie
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Symi in June

Postby Colette » 31 May 2010, 18:06

Hi Willie,if Olympic continue the arrangements that Koyak enjoyed we should be on the 18.00 Dodeco from Rhodes on 9th June, you'll probabley know more about that than us by then,we are all keeping fingers crossed because that will mean we should be there by 17.00.
Colette
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Next

Return to Noticeboard