Pedi Marina

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Pedi Marina

Postby sim » 08 Feb 2011, 11:41

Hi, just wondered if anyone could enlighten me on the exact location of the marina in Pedi bay and if it has been completed or not. We have been to Symi many times though sadly not for the last 3 years and are looking to book Villa Jasmine for this summer. I was wondering if the Marina has had any effect on Pedi as I cant seem to find a picture of it anywhere.
sim
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Pedi Marina

Postby snoopy2 » 08 Feb 2011, 11:57

Hi - sim. We stayed in the Pedi Bay Hotel last year. It overlooks the bay and Marina. Its not as yet a marina as in fancy ones here in the U.K. There is a greater amount of yachts and boats coming and going but last year was still very tranquil and peaceful - no noise. Tavernas were a bit busier because of more traffic in the bay but not a patch on round the corner.
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Pedi Marina

Postby Allan » 08 Feb 2011, 12:33

Hi Sim and welcome to the forum

Pedi 'marina' is, as far as I know, unfinished. Last September it was still just an L-shaped concrete jetty well round on the north side of the bay beyond Villa Jasmine. Wendy or Adriana at Symi Visitor Accommodation will be able to advise you on any progress to the project over the winter.

There was some disruption for the residents right down at the waters edge during the construction a couple of years ago but all the heavy work is done and in any event it's well away from Villa Jasmine.

The whole 'marina' is much smaller than many people feared and even when (if?) it's finished it should have little impact on the peace and quiet of Pedi.

I thought I had pictures of the marina from last year but all I can find after a quick search is this poor one from 2009 during its construction. The work itself is hidden behind the blue floating crane (since removed of course).

[img]http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2672/pedi1.jpg[/img]

I'll have another dig through my pictures later to see if I can find a more recent one.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Pedi Marina

Postby sim » 08 Feb 2011, 12:44

Hi Snoopy, thanks for your answer. So is the marina located to the left of the hotel (looking out to sea), and is it before or after the Jetty?
sim
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Pedi Marina

Postby sim » 08 Feb 2011, 12:56

Hi Allan, thank you for your welcome and your information. Good to hear that there is little change although to be fair, unless they had built a theme park it probably wouldn't have deterred me from returning. 3 years away is too long. We have been bringing our daughter since she was 18 months old (she is now 9) and despite trips to other places, she still says 'when are we going to Symi' instead of where are we going on holiday.
sim
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Noticeboard