Symi in October

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Symi in October

Postby sugardens » 23 Jul 2011, 18:21

Can anybody tell me what middle to late October is like on Symi? e.g. are there any sunny beaches and is it possible to reach them? We're hoping to go for a few days after Turkey as the ferry timetables look promising. :) :) :)
sugardens
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Symi in October

Postby Kojak » 23 Jul 2011, 23:14

The weather can be iffy, Su, the later you get in October. You'll need something warmer for the evenings and you'll find places closing up. As far as taxi boats, restaurants, bars and tavernas go much depends on the number of tourists there. The season doesn't officially end until the end of October but many holiday companies have started trimming holidays off before then so if the customers aren't there then the taxi boats won't run. Take an umbrella because any rain may be warm but it will be heavy lol.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Symi in October

Postby sugardens » 24 Jul 2011, 00:50

You make it sound so appealling!! :D :D
sugardens
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Symi in October

Postby Poppet » 28 Jul 2011, 09:21

Hi Sugerdens, we will be in Symi again mid October as we have done this before, it is lovely as the weather is a little cooler but the water is warm, skys in the evening are clear and the people in the shops, bars, resturants etc. have more time to sit and chat which is what we like, you can really get to know people - that is why we have been coming back for 29 years plus and have mnany friends on Symi. We are flying into Greece middle September then working our way south to Symi, been planning this for some time now, maybe we shall see you there. We may get the odd shower but not much else, but then I don't really care it it still part of our holidays.
Poppet
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Symi in October

Postby sugardens » 29 Jul 2011, 16:50

:D :D Thank you Poppet for more positive feedback. The only thing I know about this holiday is where we start and where we finish...the rest is still up for grabs!! Fortunately still got a couple of months to make up our minds!! :D :D
sugardens
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Symi in October

Postby Kojak » 29 Jul 2011, 22:01

I was basing my experience on late, as opposed to mid October. It's still a pleasanr place to visit but the chances of rain are more liely Su - and the evenings are cooler.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Noticeboard