new visitors

Ask questions about the island of Symi

new visitors

Postby rjk » 02 Nov 2011, 15:21

we are travelling to Simi in May 2012, and would appreciate any information to assist onward travel at the end of one week to Halki,that is , at what time do the ferries depart to Rhodes, or is there an inter island link via Blue Star or the like.
rjk
Starting Visitor

new visitors

Postby Allan » 02 Nov 2011, 16:56

Hi rjk and welcome to the Chat Page.

The short answer to your question is 'it's too early to tell'.

I'm sorry I can't be any more helpful but ferry timetables are usually only published shortly before they come into operation. It's not unknown for a timetable to be published on the day it starts!

Having said that, the Dodekanisos Seaways timetable was fairly stable for the whole of the summer this year and was published quite early. In April if I remember correctly.

Keep an eye on their website at closer to the date of your holiday.

While there is no certainty it's very likely that there will be a morning boat from Symi to Rhodes and an evening boat to Halki from Kamiros Scala on Rhodes. The Dodekanisos Seaways ferries also call at Halki on some days but you'll have to wait for the timetables to be sure.

The same goes for 'the Big Boats' like the Bluestar and the Panagia Skiadeni, a new Dodekanisos Seaways car ferry due to enter service anytime now.

The Greek Travel Pages at is a good, if confusing, source of ferry information and Andy Ward's travel blog at will keep you up to date with all the Syim travel news.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Noticeboard