Chorio Hotel

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Chorio Hotel

Postby anton » 22 Apr 2012, 17:07

Does anyone have any experience of the Chorio Hotel? It looks very nice on their website but it''s not clear where it is situated in relation to the town and the bus.
anton
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Chorio Hotel

Postby Andy W » 22 Apr 2012, 19:03

Never stayed there, but it is in the centre of Chorio, about 2 minutes from the main bus stop, directly opposite the Windmill restaurant, and has the great advantage that taxis can stop outside the door. Sunrise Kafenion, The Olive Tree, Georgio and Marias Taverna, Grande, the Rainbow, Lefteris Kafenion, and Syllogos Restaurant are all within a couple of minutes walk with no or minimal steps involved.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Chorio Hotel

Postby Gemma1 » 23 Apr 2012, 08:00

Like Andy I've never stayed there but walk past it every day when I stay at the Anastasia as it's in the centre of the village. When you stay at the Anastasia you collect and drop off your luggage from outside the Chorio hotel and as Andy said it's close to several restaurants and the Kali Strata.
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Chorio Hotel

Postby SueO » 23 Apr 2012, 08:23

Hi Anton - stayed there once many years ago when it had just opened and it was very pleasant. One thing to bear in mind....it's one of the few places in Chorio that can be troubled with traffic noise as it fronts on to the old road which now forms a narrow 'one way' system through part of the village. As mentioned, very convenient for taxis etc. but I guess rooms on that side could be a bit noisy (and maybe dusty?) That said, I think most rooms face on to the inner courtyard so shouldn't be a problem. Bars/Tavernas very close as is the bus. No steps to the bus stops but steepish slopes up or down depending where you want to pick it up.
SueO
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Chorio Hotel

Postby D and E » 23 Apr 2012, 09:49

Hi Anton :) a few years ago we spent a lovely couple of hours, out of many of the hours spent in The Rainbow Bar, with a couple from the Midlands who always stayed in the hotel and swore by the place. It is certainly handy for the tavernas in Chorio, the supermarket, the taxis that often drop off there and the bus stop which is a short walk. 8-)
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Noticeboard