Travel Service/Smart Wings

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Postby JenniG » 07 Feb 2013, 10:45

Hi,
Can anyone booked to go to Symi in 2013 give me any feedback on the airline Olympic Holidays are using this year? I've ascertained that Travel Service/Smart Wings is based in the Czech Republic but that's about all,
It can't be worse than Strategic, can it?!
:)
JenniG
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Kojak » 07 Feb 2013, 14:23

Hello JenniG. We travelled back with Travel Services last September when Strategic went bust. The flight itself was fine - a newer plane than Strategic. The only problem was that the people who had booked meals didn't get one and they only took euros or Czech Crowns, not Sterling. These problems were due to the last minute arrangement by Olympic with Travel Services to get us home. Things should be ok now. In actual fact the flight time was much better than the original one as we landed on Wednesday evening instead of 4am on Thursday morning.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby mikegadd » 07 Feb 2013, 21:25

mikegadd
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby snoopy2 » 08 Feb 2013, 09:36

:?: When i click on this link it takes me to the Forum which i am already on as i clicked the link!!!!????? No that sounds double Dutch - anyone else unable to access the link? :?:
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Allan » 08 Feb 2013, 15:02

I think what Mike is trying to do is direct Jenni to an earlier thread here where the Olympic Holidays flights were discussed.

Andy has mentioned them here and on his travel blog recently too, in fairly positive terms if I remember correctly.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JenniG » 10 Feb 2013, 09:51

Thanks Kojak and Mike. Sounds hopeful for a reasonable flight with Travel Service. I wanted to "upgrade" to EasyJet (as I did last year) but Olympic said I would have to cancel and then re-book at considerable expense!
As long as I get there safely, without too much delay, I'll be a happy girl! 8-)
JenniG
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Noticeboard