Questionnaire about Symi visitors

Postby Kojak » 18 Oct 2012, 23:32

I wasn't washed up in a bottle! I was washed up clinging to it... :D :D
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby AMPY » 22 Oct 2012, 22:55

Seems that the premise of the survey may be a tad skewed (particularly for us old, pre-interweb, dinosaurs)

Reminds me of an old story (Old, even for me...)

Bomber Command in WW2 were obviously concerned about the losses they were taking so they decided to take a model Lancaster and each time a bomber returned from a raid the point of any damage would be marked onto the model. In this way a pattern of the most targeted areas would emerge - The idea being that they would then increase the armour plating on the most vulnerable areas.

All went well until some bright spark pointed out that since the survey was based purely on the planes that had made it back - perhaps they should add the armour plating to the bits without the dots...

(Kyriakos - No offence, good luck with your research :) )

A
AMPY
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby MacDuff » 28 Oct 2012, 04:56

I was surprised that the survey did not ask why one returned to Symi. I for example first visited when Island hopping with the Ramblers. The island was so beautiful with the exquisite harbour, the wonderful architecture with many houses having the 'Eye" the village (Chorio) and above all, an ambience that in my experience of the world is unique. It sufficed to compel me to return and stay in Chorio self catering on my own for two weeks. The people were so welcoming and hospitable, the variety of walks enticing and when dining out, the food excellent. How does one explain the attraction of sitting at the top of the Kali Strata at 4.00 p.m with residents and watching the world walk by? It was a long way to go from Western Canada, but the ambience is ingrained in my mind. Lovely Symi, you are unique :)
MacDuff
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby skeetes » 17 Feb 2013, 10:25

Done. Good luck with your thesis KyriakosPahos
skeetes
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Donna Allison » 10 Mar 2013, 22:10

Started to fill in questionnaire, but I think it presumes that the internet was around when we first started visiting Symi, afraid a lot of us have been visiting Symi longer than that, so it is not possible to answer with any meaning.
Donna Allison
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Glen » 03 May 2013, 11:15

Likewise, first visited Symi before the the days of the web (or at least before symi had any kind of visibility on there)
Glen
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Previous

Return to Noticeboard