Up and Down

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Up and Down

Postby Olga » 23 Oct 2013, 18:39

Has anyone ever booked one week in Horio, and one in Yialos with Olympic? does anyone know if it can be done?
Olga
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Up and Down

Postby Gemma1 » 24 Oct 2013, 08:27

I'd ring Olympic to check it out Olga. They do - or certainly have done - two centre holidays in the past, though not normally on the same island. Don't think I could be bothered with the hassle of packing halfway through the holiday to move somewhere so close myself :)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Up and Down

Postby Andy W » 24 Oct 2013, 12:59

If they can't help, Symi Visitor Accommodation certainly can.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Up and Down

Postby JeanW » 24 Oct 2013, 14:04

Last year I spent 2 weeks at Anastasia in Horio followed by 2 weeks at Pedi Beach Hotel booked with Olympic. I phoned Olympic to explain my requirements and the booking was made over the phone. However, I did have to book 2 separate holidays. As Gemma says it is worth giving them a ring.
JeanW
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Up and Down

Postby Olga » 24 Oct 2013, 22:09

Thanks everyone, It was just an idle musing on my part, but I might ring Olympic JeanW, because it obviously can be done Thanks
Olga
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Up and Down

Postby Olga » 16 Jan 2014, 15:33

Just booked 2 weeks from the 7th of May, at the Sevasti, so although we will be "up" this year we might still run into some other May habitu�s. Might we Kojak?
Olga
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Up and Down

Postby Kojak » 17 Jan 2014, 10:11

Yes Olga, you're out of luck because I arrive on 14th May. :twisted: Are you flying from Newcastle? I'm at the Anastasoula in May.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Up and Down

Postby Olga » 17 Jan 2014, 21:28

Yes, outbound is ok, but we still have a night on Rhodes, but returning is at some ungodly hour so the usual hang around in Rhodes all day, still lots of worse places to spend the day.
Olga
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Up and Down

Postby Kojak » 19 Jan 2014, 10:04

I have the usual 9am day flight but I now have to pay extra thanks to Olympic making it a night flight by default. They've also reclassified my usual room as 2-3 persons despite that fact that you couldn't squeeze another bed in. In September they now want over �600 - that's why I'm up in the village.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Up and Down

Postby Eliza » 19 Jan 2014, 21:26

We went to Symi years ago for three weeks and had accomadation in the middle of Symi town it was so smelly we asked for a move and were sent to Pedi on the bus but could only stay six nights.While we were there we had an earthquake in the middle of the night everything was shaking the metal bed and staircase made one hell of a racket.The six nights were up so we then went bach to Yialos on the bus to our original studio the stench was worse than ever.We went over to Dino sponge and stayed there fo two weeks.Thankfully it was dracma not euro but he still tells me years later to get the accomadation right and keep the luggage down.
Eliza
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Up and Down

Postby Olga » 20 Jan 2014, 22:46

I noticed the price hike Kojak, do you think they have had a revamp? or maybe the rooms now have bunks!!
Olga
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Up and Down

Postby Kojak » 21 Jan 2014, 19:01

I phoned Olympic because at first they just said the room wasn't available. A lady who has been on the same flight for years, but goes to Halki also had the same problem. AI was told the diktat came down from management. I smell a new broom bent on increasing profits. As I said previously, the normal default Manchester flight has been replaced by a night flight with a hefty surcharge now for the flight we got by default.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Noticeboard