Rhodes: Airport to Hotel near Port

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Rhodes: Airport to Hotel near Port

Postby JeffHaynes » 16 Aug 2017, 10:12

Not long until our first trip to Symi via Rhodes.

We have booked an overnight in Rhodes before getting on the 8:30 am ferry.

Quick questions: whats the best (possibly cheapest)method of getting from the Airport to our Hotel (Ibiscus Hotel) near the Port?

Cheers
JeffHaynes
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Rhodes: Airport to Hotel near Port

Postby Allan » 16 Aug 2017, 10:41

whats the best (possibly cheapest)method of getting from the Airport to our Hotel

Two answers to that one :D

Best: Get a taxi from the rank straight outside the airport arrival hall. The fare is fixed and should be 25 Euros

Cheapest: Take the regular bus from the airport to Rhodes Town. I doubt the bus will pass close by your hotel (you could ask the driver of course). I believe the buses turn off the coast road as it enters the town and cut across to the terminus, avoiding the headland where your hotel is situated So there will be a walk from the bus terminus.

Andy, our travel expert, has covered getting from the airport to Rhodes a few times and the blog posts are well worth a read if you are considering taking the bus. His most recent post on the subject is here: http://symivisitor-accommodation.com/blog/?paged=3

Enjoy your first visit to Symi
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Rhodes: Airport to Hotel near Port

Postby JeffHaynes » 16 Aug 2017, 10:59

Thanks Allan - a fount of knowledge! _ Yep not too long now, 4 weeks or so. I'll post here my first impressions...
JeffHaynes
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Noticeboard