Iapetos Village

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Iapetos Village

Postby Sue » 28 Apr 2017, 08:36

Hi

Has anyone ever stayed here?

TripAdvisor reviews seem good. I have been told they're 50m from the central square (Yialos) and 200m from the main port. Can anyone confirm this as I'll be travelling solo in October 2017 and don't really want to be lugging my bag any further than that! I have a Standard Studio room booked.

Thanks
Sue
Sue
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Re: Iapetos Village

Postby Andy W » 28 Apr 2017, 09:31

They're certainly 50m from the town square in Yialos, and 200m from the part of the harbour used by water-buses and the island's own excursion boats. However they're a lot further than that from the Clock Tower, the point where the ferries arrive and depart.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Sue » 28 Apr 2017, 10:13

Hmmmmm. Not too keen on walking too far with my bag....
Thanks Andy.
Sue
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby Allan » 28 Apr 2017, 10:35

Don't worry about the walk Sue, it's really not far at all along the harbourside. Iapetos will be able to provide transport for you and/or your bag if you want but I don't think you'll need it for that short trip.

I always think that pictures help in this sort of situation. I'll have a look and see what I can find...

Maybe this one, taken last September will help:

h2.jpg

Your ferry will dock just off the right hand side of the picture, behind the grey and white coastguard boat. Iapetos is the light blue building on the extreme left of the picture, about 2/3 of the way up.
As you can see, it's not much of a walk and, being a harbour, is completely flat most of the way.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Val » 28 Apr 2017, 18:56

Never stayed at Iapetos but it looks lovely and all the comments I've heard have been very positive. As Allan says not very far at all from the boat and an easy walk. Iam sure you will love it there.

I have to say that the response to people's queries on this site is amazing. You are all so helpful and positive it is a delight to read. Long may this continue. Won't be getting to Symi this year sadly but this page is the next best thing. Xx
Val
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Sue » 29 Apr 2017, 00:17

Thanks Allan and Val

That picture is just what I needed - helps put it all into perspective. No, not far at all.

What a lovely shot!
Sue
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby petrostoo » 03 May 2017, 12:38

Hi Sue and welcome to the site.
After many visits to various types of accommodation on Symi, my wife and I, together with friends stayed at Iapetos Village last year.
This was to enable all of us to be together(ish)
Please see our posting on Trip Advisor(9 July '16) under the heading "Early June 2016"
We'd recommend this establishment highly, hope you've booked for breakfast!

Petrostoo,
petrostoo
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby Sue » 04 May 2017, 03:34

Thanks Petrostoo.
Breakfast ? Yes I have booked ;)
Sue
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Return to Noticeboard