Ferry timetable in August

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Ferry timetable in August

Postby Edmon » 07 Mar 2017, 08:47

Hi there. Does anyone know if there will be a departure from Rhodes to Symi, Sunday nights as there have been for many years. Can't seem to find it in the ferry timetables available at the moment.

Edmon
Edmon
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Ferry timetable in August

Postby Andy W » 07 Mar 2017, 13:25

You're quite right, Dodekanisos Seaways are not advertising any evening sailings from Rhodes or morning sailings from Symi so far.
Whether they intend to add them back into the timetable or not nobody knows. I suspect that they were losing money on them because for every reasonably loaded journey (and they were never anywhere near full) there was a sailing in the other direction that was virtually empty. I'm sure if some organisation offers them a minimum revenue guarantee there'd be no problem in operating these sailings this year, but in the present financial situation in Greece, I don't see that happening.
You could try contacting Dodekanisos Seaways directly via the contact form on their website to find out if there are even any discussions taking place about the Sunday night ferry.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Re: Ferry timetable in August

Postby Edmon » 07 Mar 2017, 14:20

Thank you for the answer. (so I know that it is not because I need glasses :) ). But then I have to calculate 2 nights in Rhodes added to the plane ticket. :( Not very good, but now I know.
Edmon
Edmon
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Noticeboard