Where are Olympic overnighting wednesday evening travellers?

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Re: Where are Olympic overnighting wednesday evening travell

Postby Kojak » 05 Nov 2016, 14:08

The last time I had to overnight in Rhodes was when ANES went bankrupt. Due to everyone switching to the Dodekanisos catamaran Olympic couldn't get us on a ferry until the following evening. Fortunately they put us up in the Cassandra, Ixia. A very nice hotel! A tip for travellers who are facing the International foyer is to try the Konstantin, just up the road near where the coach stops. It's a much bigger hotel so may have more vacant rooms. We have used that when we've had an early departure from Symi and a later flight. Sharing a room for showers and (in my case) a little afternoon nap!
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Re: Where are Olympic overnighting wednesday evening travell

Postby Gemma1 » 06 Nov 2016, 10:13

I think the Kassandra in Ixia is another hotel that Olympic use regularly Kojak as they took guests there who travelled on the Wednesday afternoon ferry on the day I went home. They also used it when I went to Halki as I spent several hours there then. I've no complaints about the hotel, and it's quite nice to sit out by the pool, but am not keen on Ixia. I was hoping for a wander round Rhodes old town and wandering round Ixia is not really the same! However I had a very pleasant dinner in the Kassandra tavern so can't really complain ;)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Previous

Return to Noticeboard