Anastasia apartments

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Anastasia apartments

Postby Irene » 27 Jun 2016, 22:37

Can anyone tell me how far apart the Anastasia apartments are from the Irini studios? I have booked to stay in Anastasia and I am thinking about booking a studio at Irini for my daughter but if they are too far apart this might not be practical. Thanks
Irene
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Re: Anastasia apartments

Postby Eliza » 27 Jun 2016, 23:00

If you mean Anastasia top village that would be about 350 steps up the Kali strata or bus. Ireni is back of the harbour and 100 steps up. If you're in the top village Taxiarchis or Sevasti would be easier for you both.
Eliza
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Gemma1 » 28 Jun 2016, 07:20

I've stopped at the Irini twice and the Anastasia 4 times and as Eliza has said the Irini is in the harbour up over 100 steps - some of which are very steep. I really struggled getting my bag up those steps as I'm not very good at travelling light. I prefer the location of the Anastasia as you've got the option of catching the bus up if you don't fancy walking up the Kali Strata. You could easily meet in Yialos but they're not close to each other.
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Irene » 28 Jun 2016, 09:30

Thanks for your replies. This was the first time that I have used this forum and it was great to have such a quick response! I have booked a maisonette apartment in Anastasia with my sister. The only other holiday left on Olympic that week is at the Irini studios but if they are not close enough I may just try to fit my daughter into our apartment. Had heard that they are quite small. Would they be ok for 3 adults ?
Irene
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby Eliza » 28 Jun 2016, 09:55

I have not stayed at the apartments but I am sure Gemma will be back later with more information.
You may like to look on accommodation archived posts on main forum page. Good Luck.
Eliza
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Spartacus » 28 Jun 2016, 11:20

When our daughter made a surprise visit some years back we were staying in one of the upper apartments at Anastasia. There was a moussandra sleeping platform up some
steeps stairs with a mattress which with permission from Anastasia and a subsequent token payment direct to her was used by my daughter. Bearing in mind that heat rises
she found it rather 'warm' sleeping there but we managed for the week she stayed. I don't know where you stand with Olympic and any possible insurance/health and safety
problems.
Spartacus
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Irene » 28 Jun 2016, 14:37

Thanks everyone. This is a great forum and I can't wait to go to Symi in September!
Spartacus, if I decide on Anastasia I will do it officially through Olympic. However, I think we may go for an apartment at Irini for my daughter and just meet up in the town. I take it that no one would have concerns about the safety of a 25 year old woman walking alone in the area?
Irene
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby Andy W » 28 Jun 2016, 16:00

In 20 years of visiting Symi I have never heard of a tourist being attacked or harrassed. Now tourists falling down steps does happen regularly, but that's usually due to people not looking where they are going, either distracted by the view or by the size of the drinks measures.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Gemma1 » 29 Jun 2016, 07:58

Symi is very safe, I wander around all over on my own - day and night - and feel completely safe. My main safety concern when I stayed at the Irini was tripping up the steps on the way home at night. It's not always very well lit so make sure that she takes a torch.

I've only stayed in the one bedroom apartment and the studios at the Anastasia so can't comment on the maisonette. The studios at the Irini are quite spacious with lovely harbour views, it's just the steps that are a bit of a killer, though as your daughter is young she should be fine and will be super fit by the end of the holiday.
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Val » 29 Jun 2016, 14:48

We stayed in Irini Studios a couple of years ago and really loved them. Fantastic views and fairly spacious especially No 1 studio and a lovely walk down to the harbour. True the steps are a bit of a challenge when you first tackle them, but as Gemma says, your daughter will certainly be super fit by the end of her stay. She will also be able to head up to the village by the original donkey track which is over to the right as you look out from the studios towards the harbour. Stunning sunsets are a bonus at Irini too. Enjoy Symi Irene. You will love it.
Val
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Irene » 29 Jun 2016, 17:30

Thank you to everyone for your help. I will let you all know how we get on but I'm sure that I'm going to love it!
Irene
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Return to Noticeboard