Anywhere nice to eat near Savoy hotel Rhodes?

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Anywhere nice to eat near Savoy hotel Rhodes?

Postby Greentreefrog » 05 Jun 2016, 21:26

Sorry not really Symi but we're on the way there having to stay overnight in Rhodes!
Looking for somewhere with traditional Greek food reasonable prices and near to the hotel.
Thanks
Greentreefrog
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Anywhere nice to eat near Savoy hotel Rhodes?

Postby D and E » 08 Jun 2016, 14:44

Google Maps shows the Savoy as being not far from the Best Western Plaza which is our favourite stopping over hotel in Rhodes. Last October we found a great taverna full of Greeks enjoying wonderful Mezes near the Plaza. If you put Koykos Taverna Rhodes into Google Maps you will see it is within a short distance of your hotel and a very easy walk. Hope you find it, eat there, and enjoy it as much as we did. I think there may be pics in last October's Blog which I posted for our visit and which I think is in this sites archive.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby D and E » 08 Jun 2016, 14:53

Hi again Greentreefrog,

I just checked and from the Board Index on this Forum you can choose Archive and then choose Trip Reports you will find some blogs that some of us do when visiting Symi.

The one we did for last October was called "Bring on the Stifado" and you will see pictures of the Koykos and the wonderful set Mezes we had for lunch on our return journey. We have passed it at night as well and it seems very popular.

There are so many tavernas in the area it is hard to choose and we have tried many but this would be our top choice.

If you do visit - you might want to post and let us know if it is still as good.

Have fun.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Greentreefrog » 17 Jun 2016, 20:58

Hi D &E,
Thanks for the reply but didn't see it whilst there, we don't bother with the internet much on holiday! Wish I had because it sounds great! I really enjoy reading your Symi blog. We ended up in the old market, it was okay..
Greentreefrog
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Noticeboard