September and October ferries

Ask questions about the island of Symi

September and October ferries

Postby Andy W » 03 Mar 2016, 12:23

Here are the full timetables for 2016 September and October. Both Blue Star and Dodekanisos Seaways sailings are bookable now for anyone who likes making interest-free loans to help support the Greek ferry industry -there really is no need to book 6 months in advance.]
Updated 31 August to show change of Blue Star Ferry and to include sailings by the Symi in October.
Symiferries16Sep-page-001.jpg

Symiferries16EARLYOct-page-001(1).jpg

Symiferries16LateOct-page-001(1).jpg
Last edited by Andy W on 31 Aug 2016, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Re: September and October ferries

Postby Adam J » 31 Aug 2016, 13:53

Hi Andy,
Just wondering if you have heard anything other information about the ferries in October? We have booked to visit from 5-12th October. Our flight arrives in Rhodes at 14.00 on Wednesday 5th. I'm guessing we will be too late to catch the 15.00 Blue Star ferry and it looks like there are no crossings on the Wednesday evening or anytime on Thursday. Do you think we will have to wait until the Friday morning to get to Symi?
Thanks
Adam
Adam J
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Andy W » 31 Aug 2016, 16:32

Now this is where I need to update the ferry timetable summary. Yes there is a sailing you can use, at 09:00 on Thursday. When I originally prepared the summary the timetable for Sea Dreams/ANES boat "Symi" didn't extend into October. But now it does and since this year the "Symi" is licensed as a ferry you can use her to get from Akandia at 09:00 Thursday, arriving on Symi at 11:00.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Andy W » 31 Aug 2016, 20:58

And now I have updated the summary timetables for October. I should also mention that Blue Star will shortly change the ship allocated to their twice-weekly sailings through Symi.
From next week we will see the Blue Star Patmos instead of the Blue Star Paros. The timetable is unaltered, the change is a response to complaints that the Paros has insufficient vehicle space and too few cabins for the long overnight Piraeus-Rhodes route. The Patmos is significantly bigger, with 3 times the number of cabins and a longer vehicle deck. She is only 4 years old, possibly the newest ship ever seen on the "big boat" routes through Symi. People with fond memories of the restaurants on the Diagoras will be delighted to know that the Patmos has restaurants too, rather than the fast-food outlet on the Paros. There's also room for 2000 passengers! So really and truly don't bother to book in advance if you're just using her between Rhodes and Symi - there will always be space for you.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Adam J » 31 Aug 2016, 21:42

Great information Andy. That's put my mind at ease and it's good to know that we will get most of our holiday enjoying Symi rather than waiting for the ferry to turn up. Cheers
Adam J
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Noticeboard