Cancelled Ferries

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Cancelled Ferries

Postby Andy W » 18 Aug 2015, 11:39

The Dodekanisos Pride is believed to be unwell. At least, all sailings have been cancelled until further notice, and she's been removed from the booking system until 7th September.
The Express and Panagia Skiadeni are operating normally.
In practice this means that the sailing on Sundays which leaves Rhodes late morning, calls at Symi and continues up the line to Kos, Patmos, and eventually Samos is cancelled. Likewise the Friday sailing from Samos to Patmos, Kos and Rhodes calling at Symi at 13:30. The voyages on other days have gone too, but they don't come near Symi anyway, as nearly all this year's service for Symi is by the other two ships.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Re: Cancelled Ferries

Postby plee » 18 Aug 2015, 23:19

Hi, I am going to Patmos from Symi on Sunday 20th September returning to Symi on Saturday 26th. I am wondering if I need to rearrange travel. Any thoughts?
plee
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby Andy W » 19 Aug 2015, 07:06

You will still be able to go from Symi to Patmos on a Sunday even if the Dodekanisos Pride is out for a long period, as the Express does a journey at 09:25 in addition to the Pride's sailing at 12:25. Check which one you are booked on and if you are worried and on the 12:25, contact Dodekanisos Seaways and ask them to move you.
Coming back on the 26th September you must be booked on the Express anyway as that's the only sailing from Patmos to Symi on a Saturday.
Just a word to other readers: this is one of the reasons I don't recommend people book too far in advance, a week or so is ample for the catamarans (less than that outside July and August) and a day or so for the Panagia Skiadeni.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby plee » 19 Aug 2015, 12:08

Thanks a lot - I have not booked the ferries yet - just my accomadation. The only one I book in advance is the Rhodes to Symi - the rest I will do on the Islands.

Really looking forward to exploring new places.
plee
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby Andy W » 27 Aug 2015, 18:47

The Pride is now expected to return to service on 31 August, so routes through Symi will be as originally advertised from Friday 4th September.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Allan » 27 Aug 2015, 19:04

That's good news Andy.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andy W » 01 Sep 2015, 08:08

Unfortunately, despite statements from Dodekanisos Seaways, the Pride did not re-enter service yesterday and is still moored up at Kolonna. Bookings are now only available from 7 September onwards.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Andy W » 02 Sep 2015, 07:11

And today she's finally due to sail empty to Kos and pick up her timetable from there at 14:00. On-line bookings are open from tomorrow onwards.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Noticeboard