Postby Lisa B » 30 Oct 2017, 00:44

Hi All,
Would it be easy to get to Tilos from Symi? TIA
Lisa B
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Re: Tilos

Postby Gemma1 » 30 Oct 2017, 08:28

Hi Lisa, you can get there on the Blue Star ferry. It looks as though you can get there on a Monday or a Friday with the current ferry schedules. You can check the times and schedules on the Greek Travel Pages website https://www.gtp.gr/RoutesForm.asp I spent 3 nights on Tilos during one of my Symi holidays several few years ago, though it was a different ferry company doing the route then.
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Lisa B » 30 Oct 2017, 10:03

That's good to hear, may try and have a day there during our Symi holiday. Thanks
Lisa B
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Andy W » 31 Oct 2017, 05:46

All year round there is a sailing from Tilos to Symi in the early hours of Friday morning, returning in the evening. These sailings are part of the much longer overnight service from Piraeus (Athens) to Rhodes. In high season (July & August) and occasionally at other times of high demand (such as the annual festival at Panormitis starting this week) there is an additional sailing from Tilos on Sunday mornings, returning on Monday afternoon.
It is never possible to do a day trip from Symi to Tilos. at best you'd spend 2 nights there.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Lisa B » 31 Oct 2017, 12:46

Well Andy W, that's a blow!! Looks like we'll have to spend every day on Symi.......how will we cope?!? ;)

Thanks for the info x
Lisa B
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Gemma1 » 01 Nov 2017, 08:41

Tilos is worth spending a couple of nights if you do want to visit and accommodation is reasonably priced if you fancy spending some time there. I went to Symi for a fortnight with the intention of spending a few nights on Tilos as it was an island I hadn't been to before. It was at the end of September and Tilos was very quiet compared to Symi but I found accommodation on arrival very easily. I wouldn't recommend turning up without accommodation if you're travelling in high season though.
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Lisa B » 01 Nov 2017, 23:46

Hi Gemma,

Thanks for your info, think we'll leave Tilos this holiday and give all our attention to Symi. :)
Lisa B
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby D and E » 04 Nov 2017, 09:58

Hi LisaB,
Glad you liked the photos on the other thread.
Was just thinking that if you do want an awayday to experience another island when on Symi next year there is always the Dodekanisos ferry service which comes from Rhodes and goes through Symi between 8 - 9am on certain days and is like a bus service to many of the Islands in the Dodecanese. It reaches a turning point and comes back through Symi late afternoon. The likes of Kos and Kalymnos can be reached with a decent few hours on those islands and we have seen that there are sometimes good discounts advertised late in the season.
Dodekanisos Seaways has an excellent website at www.12ne.gr where it advertises Daily Excursions so that will give you an idea of what’s possible.
Have to say that despite the number of times we have visited Symi we have still to do this ourselves - somehow time on Symi just disappears but maybe in 2018 :)
D&E
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Noticeboard