Those Miss You Years, Are The Longest

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Re: Those Miss You Years, Are The Longest

Postby D and E » 01 Jul 2023, 10:36

Pollychops wrote:Fantastic blog D&E, we thoroughly enjoyed your experiences and it makes us more appreciative of the beautiful island. We are so looking forward to returning this year in September and no doubt we will be visiting most of the places you have mentioned especially Tholos. I have never tried Spetzofia so that will be a must have this year. Thank you to you both for this blog.

Thanks Pollychops - it is so gratifying to read your post.

We hope you enjoy the spetzofai. We think the first time we had it was in Zoë’s when she had added it as a special. The Tholos version is superb as were the other dishes we had from their menu. We recommend you book in advance just to be on the safe side as the well thumbed diary had loads of entries the day we walked past and booked for the Saturday.

Also if you get the chance and are inclined the new Kali Strata restaurant in the village is well worth visiting.

It won’t be long until September 8-) We are counting the days.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby JuliaB » 01 Jul 2023, 18:54

Lovely to read about your return to Symi. Great descriptions of all that you did during such a special visit. We're counting down to September. No doubt our paths will cross! M&J
JuliaB
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby D and E » 02 Jul 2023, 09:16

JuliaB wrote:Lovely to read about your return to Symi. Great descriptions of all that you did during such a special visit. We're counting down to September. No doubt our paths will cross! M&J

Thanks JuliaB - it was so good to be back.

Sounds like there will be quite a few “Symi Chatters” on the rock in September.

We often recall with fondness the visit where around every corner there was M&J :D

Take care both.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Lisa B » 02 Jul 2023, 13:58

It is great to think of everyone on a count down to Sept! :D
Lisa B
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Pollychops » 14 Jul 2023, 12:23

Hi D, reading your blog again and enjoying it immensely. E mentions the following .

This is quite a gentle stroll that needs a decent sole on the shoe. D has his Teva sandals that he has sworn by for 25 years and is never without a pair. Avoiding the thorns and walking amongst the wild rosemary, thyme and wild garlic it doesn’t take long until you are blessed with fantastic views of Chorio, Yialos, Hirani and Nos.

I have always worn Clarks sandals and Kim has been badgering me to change style and try to look a little less like an older man.

Looking at Teva they look very good, have you tried many styles or kept to the same? And are they as comfortable and hard wearing as their website suggests?
Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I hope you mind me asking.

David
Pollychops
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby D and E » 16 Jul 2023, 13:07

Pollychops wrote:Hi D, reading your blog again and enjoying it immensely. E mentions the following .

This is quite a gentle stroll that needs a decent sole on the shoe. D has his Teva sandals that he has sworn by for 25 years and is never without a pair. Avoiding the thorns and walking amongst the wild rosemary, thyme and wild garlic it doesn’t take long until you are blessed with fantastic views of Chorio, Yialos, Hirani and Nos.

I have always worn Clarks sandals and Kim has been badgering me to change style and try to look a little less like an older man.

Looking at Teva they look very good, have you tried many styles or kept to the same? And are they as comfortable and hard wearing as their website suggests?
Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I hope you mind me asking.

David

Hi David,

I wear my Teva’s all summer long (including in the Welsh rain :D ) so they get a lot of use. They are as described on the website but I recommend the thicker soled styles and currently have the Hurricane style which looks like this -

IMG_4774.jpeg
Teva’s

And this website is showing a very good price.

E swears by her Keen’s.

Hope this helps.

D&E
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Pollychops » 16 Jul 2023, 14:43

Hi D,

Thanks, I was looking and agree the thicker sole would be better for me.
We are back on Symi first week in September. Looking forward to turning into the harbour to admire the view we have missed for the last four years.
Pollychops
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Previous

Return to Symi Chat