Re: Symi 2022 hoping to see some blogs

Postby Lisa B » 12 Mar 2022, 18:51

Couldn't agree more Thomasdk
Lisa B
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Allan » 13 Mar 2022, 13:45

silverfox wrote:@ You just enjoy your time there my friend and relax.....any post for us will just a bonus.

After a bit of experimenting I have succeeded in transferring photos from my camera to the tablet without bothering with cables or cards and stuff. I've even reduced the size of the images to suit this creaky old forum software so have no fear, there WILL be pictures to come :D
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby KN9700 » 16 Mar 2022, 16:18

Like many others we hope to have more blogs in 2022 than in 2020 and 2021.

It´s so nice to see that the superbloggers D&E and Silverfox are going to Symi this Summer. We´ll look forward to hear if Silverfox is going to climb to the top of the Vigla again and if D&E still have the appetite they use to. We´ll look forward to heartheir stories.

We miss James Collins` blog a lot and Adriana doesn´t write much.

We´re among the lucky ones who have been on Symi every year. As we use to we travel independently and stay at Taxiarchis, so we are happy for Andy Ward´s travel blog, but will be happy to hear your experiences when it comes to ferries.

Looking forward to see some of you on Symi in September and to your writings on this blog.

All the best,
Inge and Karl-Johan
KN9700
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby silverfox » 30 Mar 2022, 20:15

KN9700 wrote:Like many others we hope to have more blogs in 2022 than in 2020 and 2021.

It´s so nice to see that the superbloggers D&E and Silverfox are going to Symi this Summer. We´ll look forward to hear if Silverfox is going to climb to the top of the Vigla again and if D&E still have the appetite they use to. We´ll look forward to heartheir stories.

We miss James Collins` blog a lot and Adriana doesn´t write much.

We´re among the lucky ones who have been on Symi every year. As we use to we travel independently and stay at Taxiarchis, so we are happy for Andy Ward´s travel blog, but will be happy to hear your experiences when it comes to ferries.

Looking forward to see some of you on Symi in September and to your writings on this blog.

All the best,
Inge and Karl-Johan

I wouldn't call me a superblogger but it's nice to be mentioned alongside D&E who inspired me to blog and I'm still in awe of them.

I may do a "silly" walk but would love to talk to Neil or Clare who have done some awesome walks on Symi during lock down.

I hope we can all make it to Symi this year.

Anyone there last week in June we are there for 3 weeks and hope we bump into a few forum friends.
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby D and E » 03 Apr 2022, 11:56

Well, best laid plans and all that ……

Our June trip is going to have to be delayed as D has just had to spend a week in hospital after incurring a sudden serious medical issue. Undoubtedly this is going to lead to some further treatment and so Sými is back on hold for now. But returning to the place we love most in this world will certainly spur him on.

In the meantime we place the burden of blogging squarely on the shoulders of our good friend Silverfox :D (sorry Stephen) whose words and pics will be all the more precious this year.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Allan » 03 Apr 2022, 16:09

So sorry to hear your news.

I will be posting a few pictures when I arrive in mid May and hopefully they will give D something to look at and enjoy until Silverfox arrives at the end of June.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby D and E » 04 Apr 2022, 12:27

Allan wrote:So sorry to hear your news.

I will be posting a few pictures when I arrive in mid May and hopefully they will give D something to look at and enjoy until Silverfox arrives at the end of June.

Cheers Allan that will be exactly what the doctor orders :D
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby silverfox » 04 Apr 2022, 17:29

I think all of us here and all the people on Symi will wish Derek a speedy recovery and hope that he and Eiri will get back to their special place soon.

I only blog because of their inspiration so I hope I can give somthing back to them this year. I was so looking forward to them "paving the way" but it's not to be.

Go for it Allan....take as many pictures as you can and any updates from this little rock will be so welcome.

I will have big boots to fill in June for sure!

Take care all.
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby silverfox » 12 Apr 2022, 20:39

Trying to think ahead, and it's a long time since we've had the pleasure to blog on Symi, is there particular aspects people like to hear about and see?

I know D&E tempt us with their food and I was looking forward to see their take and of course prices buts it not to be before we have the pleasure.

Do people just like our ramblings and where the holiday takes us?

Pictures? Videos?

Treks into the hills?

Rainbow bar pics? :D

If you tell us what you like we can do our best.
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Thomasdk » 06 May 2022, 17:15

@Silverfox, I remember I loved your previous blogs, because of all of your beautiful photos, so please just do it the way you like it. :)
Personally I'd love to see photos from around Yialos, houses, restaurants, bakeries, but also from Chorio, as well as Pedi, anything with color really.
I haven't seen the place in 5 years and I'm afraid things may have changed somewhat again, as it tends to do over the years, just like everywhere else.
And I hope you really do enjoy your stay. :)
Thomasdk
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby D and E » 07 May 2022, 10:39

You do a brilliant job Silverfox and your pics are always stunning.

As you might imagine we will be looking forward to every word you post and in particular details of what you eat for lunch and in the evenings whether that be out or in.

Pics from the Rainbow - essential.

And it will be interesting to learn if COVID and other global events have impacted our beloved “little rock”.

Not long now our friends.
Last edited by D and E on 07 May 2022, 11:06, edited 1 time in total.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby D and E » 07 May 2022, 11:03

We have made so many friends on Sými that we feel it appropriate to share what’s going on with D and when we envisage being back on our beloved island.

Six weeks ago D suffered a double pulmonary embolism that saw him taken by ambulance to hospital :shock: scary. But the amazing NHS did their amazing thing and after 7 days he came home looking as well as he ever has. When doing their scans they found some abnormalities on D’s liver and on one of his kidneys.

This last Tuesday we had the follow up with the consultant and were delighted to learn that the liver issue was a benign cyst and that there is a tumour on the kidney but it is totally contained. D was booked in for surgery that same day and within a couple of hours had a call detailing when he would have his pre-op consultations.

Of course when the consultant asked D if he had any questions his first was - “when will I be able to go to Sými ?” :D (hoping that September was a possibility) but the consultant urged caution and said aim for early next year. Whilst disappointing it is a relatively small delay to suffer and the planning of how long ? (a month would be lovely); fly from where ? stay where on the way over ? stop over Ródos or not ? where to stay on Sými ? repeat the “two centre” Pedi / Nos approach that we loved ? etc. etc.

Such planning keeps the spirits up although anyone who knows D knows that his spirits are always up :D

In the words of Arnie “We Willl Be Back”.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby JuliaB » 07 May 2022, 23:25

So sorry to hear this news. Thinking of you both and look forward to finding you lurking round a street corner in Symi in the not too distant future. Seats will be kept warm for you. Take care. Mike & Julia xx
JuliaB
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Lisa B » 08 May 2022, 08:57

Although we've never met you do feel a sense if connection on here. So sorry to hear your news, wishing you a speedy recovery and return to Symi. I'm sure we'll all raise at glass at varying times to you both .
Lisa B
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby silverfox » 08 May 2022, 12:57

Thomasdk wrote:@Silverfox, I remember I loved your previous blogs, because of all of your beautiful photos, so please just do it the way you like it. :)
Personally I'd love to see photos from around Yialos, houses, restaurants, bakeries, but also from Chorio, as well as Pedi, anything with color really.
I haven't seen the place in 5 years and I'm afraid things may have changed somewhat again, as it tends to do over the years, just like everywhere else.
And I hope you really do enjoy your stay. :)

Thank you Thomas. We are also looking forward to see the changes since our last visit and will try to report back.

As we will be there for 3 weeks we will be using the bakeries more as we not be able to eat out every day.
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby silverfox » 08 May 2022, 13:03

D and E wrote:

Might just call in sometime :D :D :D
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby silverfox » 08 May 2022, 13:07

Lisa B wrote:Although we've never met you do feel a sense if connection on here. So sorry to hear your news, wishing you a speedy recovery and return to Symi. I'm sure we'll all raise at glass at varying times to you both .

I think a lot of people feel that sense of connection.

Reading the forum before meeting a good few on here we knew we would end up being friends.
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby D and E » 09 May 2022, 09:59

Lisa B wrote:Although we've never met you do feel a sense if connection on here. So sorry to hear your news, wishing you a speedy recovery and return to Symi. I'm sure we'll all raise at glass at varying times to you both .

Yasou :D
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby D and E » 09 May 2022, 10:00

silverfox wrote:
D and E wrote:

Might just call in sometime :D :D :D

Now don’t go out of your way :D :D :D
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby D and E » 09 May 2022, 10:02

JuliaB wrote:So sorry to hear this news. Thinking of you both and look forward to finding you lurking round a street corner in Symi in the not too distant future. Seats will be kept warm for you. Take care. Mike & Julia xx

That brought back happy memories and made us laugh a lot :D
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Previous

Return to Symi Chat