Kitten SOS

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Kitten SOS

Postby Catmadjane » 11 Sep 2018, 13:39

Hello, I'm on Symi now needing advice about a little kitten abandoned by the mother. I've tried texting a lady whose number I was given by the man in the pet shop but had no reply as yet. Please could someone in the know get back to me.
Catmadjane
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Kitten SOS

Postby Allan » 11 Sep 2018, 17:31

Hello Jane
I know how distressing it can be to see the tiny kittens on Symi but, unless they have been moved they are unlikely to have been abandoned. The mother cat is probably close by and will return to the kitten, usually at night.
If you are really concerned you could try emailing Symi Animal Welfare at info@symianimalwelfare.org but it is a very small organisation and while they will do their best they can't get to every animal in need of help as quickly as they would like.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Catmadjane » 16 Sep 2018, 17:39

Just so everyone knows...there is hopefully a happy ending.

A lovely German lady called Christine from Animal Welfare came to the rescue. After several days trying to get the mother to accept back the kitten, it was decided to take the kitten 'into care' as it was getting gradually dehydrated. So little Bradley (Sir Wiggins) has a new and very caring home. Not the perfect ending - that would have been to return him to his mum - but a much better fate than might have befallen him - thanks to Christine.

We're at home now and already missing the beautiful island of Symi. We've booked our flights for next year.

Jane X
Catmadjane
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Allan » 17 Sep 2018, 18:07

Thanks for the update Jane

I'm really pleased to hear that Bradley has a caring home. Not what you hoped for but in reality he is going to have a much easier life than if he had continued as a Symi feral cat.
Good to hear too that you have booked your Symi break for next year, i hope you get chance to see Bradley again then.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Catmadjane » 19 Sep 2018, 18:42

What a lovely idea! I certainly will.
Catmadjane
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Symi Chat