Tilos

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Tilos

Postby Irene » 25 Jul 2018, 18:40

I am returning to Symi in September for the third year in a row! As warned on this website the island has cast a spell on me! As we will be there for two weeks this time, I am considering spending a couple of nights on Tilos ( my sister was there last year and recommended it) I am sure I read something about this on the forum earlier this year but cannot find it now. So can anyone tell me if it is possible to do this? Thanks in advance
Irene
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Re: Tilos

Postby Andy W » 25 Jul 2018, 19:49

There's one direct ferry a week, on a Friday, leaves Tilos in the early hours of Friday morning and leaves Symi on Friday evenings.
Other than that you have to change at either Rhodes or Kos. Kos invariably involves an overnight stay except on Thurs 27 September when there's a really good connection coming from Symi.
Rhodes is more complicated. You can avoid stopping there overnight coming from Symi on Mondays, and if the new ferry Sebeco runs after 9 September then you might be able to come back from Tilos via Rhodes on a Sunday.
There are also sailings a couple of days a week between Tilos and the tiny port of Kamiros Skala on Rhodes - but that's 45km from Rhodes Town and the Symi ferries.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Symi Chat