Getting from Rhodes

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Getting from Rhodes

Postby David » 17 Jul 2018, 18:11

Hi all, I’m returning to the beautiful island for the first time in the summer for over 10 years. I’ve been back many times in November in the intervening years, but I’ve not been back in the summer. I arrive on August 2nd, I could catch the Dodecanese at 8:30 but wouldn’t mind using the new boat. So my questions are what’s the difference in price between them, and which one is closer to Mandraki? Any help/advice much appreciated. 16 days and counting.
David
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Re: Getting from Rhodes

Postby Andy W » 17 Jul 2018, 18:56

August 2nd is a Thursday. That gives you a choice between the Panagia Skiadeni of Dodekanisos Seaways at 09:30 from Akandia via Panormitis, arriving Yialos 1pm, or the new ANES Sebeco at 10:00 from the Tourist Port quay, arriving Yialos at 11:00. There is no Dodekanisos Seaways highspeed sailing to Symi at 08:30 on a high season Thursday.
The Panagia Skiadeni costs €14.50 one way, and you can get a BonusWays card (order on line for free) which gives you 10% discount, making it €13.05.
The Sebeco costs €13.00 one way, so effectively no difference. Both companies offer returns at less than the sum of two one-ways, but of course that commits you to coming back with the same company and the times may or may not suit.
The Tourist Port quay (also used by cruise liners and ferries to Turkey) is nearer to Mandraki than Akandia, which feels like the back of beyond, but neither could be called near if you are travelling with luggage.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Re: Getting from Rhodes

Postby David » 18 Jul 2018, 13:02

Hi Andy

Thanks for the info. I land late Thursday so was looking for a morning ferry. I went on to both websites as they both have perfect sailings in both directions for me. Cost return for 3 adults & 1 child Dodek €119.70 ANES €79.30. All booked will be back on Symi at 11:00am on Friday 3rd August, can’t wait.
David
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Return to Symi Chat