Accomodation Villa Annika

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Accomodation Villa Annika

Postby Ren » 23 Jun 2018, 18:23

Kalispera, we are coming to Symi in july.We are just looking for comfortable accomodation, near the Chorio and the Port. We have seen Villa Annika..can you tell me something about?
Thank’s a lot!
Ren
Starting Visitor

Re: Accomodation Villa Annika

Postby Allan » 23 Jun 2018, 19:30

Hello Ren and welcome

I'm afraid I don't know that particular accommodation but from the pictures on the website it looks very comfortable and nicely modernised. Maybe someone will know more.

The website is sadly lacking pictures looking FROM the accommodation so it's difficult to judge exactly where it is and the Google map is notoriously inaccurate. It appears to be on the hillside above the Chorio to Pedi road which is a nice quiet area. The road itself doesn't carry much traffic but personally I wouldn't want to be right on the roadside. That doesn't look to be the case judging by the website pictures, rather it looks to be on one of the nice quiet lanes between the road and the Village hotel. If so, that is a nice place to stay. You might want to email the owners to check how close it is to the road.

It is in Chorio, very close to the tavernas, bars and shops. You can walk to the port from there in 15 minutes or so (all downhill) or you can get the bus from the road a few minutes away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit to add:
Having looked at a load of recent photographs I have identified the location of Villa Annika and it is, as I suspected, on a quiet lane above the road. I know that area well and it is a lovely place to stay. It's very close to some accommodation used by Olympic Holidays, a UK holiday company, which is very popular with many of our regular forum contributors. It's a minute's walk to the closest bar and just a few minutes from the centre of the village.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ren » 24 Jun 2018, 11:00

Thank you Allan!i can not wait to get to Symi!
Can you suggest typical tavernas?
Ren
Ren
Starting Visitor

Postby Allan » 24 Jun 2018, 13:00

For information about places to eat I recommend reading the various trip reports in our archive section: http://symiforum.com/viewforum.php?f=19
In particular, read the reports by "D and E". There is nothing they don't know about tavernas on Symi. :D

There are only two tavernas in Chorio now, sadly. Georgio and Maria's is just five minutes walk from your accommodation, Zoe's taverna a few minutes stroll further up the village "main street". Both are traditional Greek tavernas serving good food and worth a visit.

Around the harbour the traditional tavernas I like (and it's just MY opinion) are the Trawler at the bottom of the Kalistrata, Meraklis in the back streets at the head of the harbour, Spitiko and Harris tavernas side-by-side along the south side of the harbour and on the headland right round to the north past the boatyard in Harani is Tholos taverna. All good places serving traditional Greek dishes.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Symi Chat