New to group

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

New to group

Postby Ingrid » 05 Feb 2018, 17:00

Hi Everyone
I have joined the group after finding lots of interesting reports. My husband John and I have visited Symi a couple of times and have just booked a return visit, booked Sevasti on 30 May, sooo looking forward to a peaceful break. Hopefully will get some walking in and lots of good food and the odd ouzo :D
Ingrid
Starting Visitor

Re: New to group

Postby silverfox » 05 Feb 2018, 18:50

Ingrid wrote:Hi Everyone
I have joined the group after finding lots of interesting reports. My husband John and I have visited Symi a couple of times and have just booked a return visit, booked Sevasti on 30 May, sooo looking forward to a peaceful break. Hopefully will get some walking in and lots of good food and the odd ouzo :D

We love staying at Sevasti and are booked in for mid June.

Lot's of walking to be done and so much nice food!

Enjoy your stay! :)
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby katy » 06 Feb 2018, 09:42

Hi, we've stayed in quite a few places on Symi over the years, Sevasti being one of them. Couldn't fault it.
Have a wonderful time.
katy
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby SueO » 06 Feb 2018, 14:06

Hi Ingrid

Hello and welcome to the forum. We missed our September 2017 visit due to ill health but hoping that 2018 will bring better things.

Not too long for you to wait until the end of May although I bet it seems like forever. No doubt you'll be back here for a regular Symi "fix" in the meantime.

Sue
SueO
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Ingrid » 06 Feb 2018, 19:37

In deed I will I love reading the blogs and the photos. We have stayed at Sevasti a couple of years ago so know what to expect, I don’t think there is a better view on the island it’s worth the walk . Hope you get to visit Symi this year it is so addictive.
Ingrid
Ingrid
Starting Visitor

Postby NeilC » 01 May 2018, 08:35

Hi everyone,

Another newbie from the UK here.

My wife and I stayed on Symi for our first wedding anniversary last June and we loved it so much that we're coming back next month (6-19th June). Staying this time at Two Fishes villa up in Horio, can't wait!

this might be a life long love affair :D
Neil
NeilC
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby katy » 01 May 2018, 08:55

Hi Neil, what a lovely way to celebrate your 2nd anniversary! Hope you become a regular visitor. It's a very romantic and varied island, with a chance to relax or walk 'til you drop!
katy
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby NeilC » 01 May 2018, 09:24

Hi Katy,
Couldn't agree more. We've visited a couple of handfuls of Greek islands over the years and Symi is our favourite.

We had planned on doing more walking this time, but then I told my wife about the roof terrace at Two Fishes and that idea went out of the window for some reason :shock:
NeilC
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby D and E » 02 May 2018, 07:21

Love reading about people recently discovering Symi and their growing love of the place.
We still regard ourselves to be so lucky that through E’s thorough scrutiny of the travel brochures all those years ago that we discovered this magical island that has given us so much pleasure.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Peter Cox » 02 May 2018, 09:56

I first found out about Symi by chance when I asked a customer of mine in Porthcawl where he went for his holidays as he lived by the sea. He told me all about Symi but told me to go now before it was spoiled and that was 27 years ago, he was wrong as it isn’t spoiled just wonderful.We arrive this year on 8th June for 10 days.
Peter Cox, Solihull
Peter Cox
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby katy » 02 May 2018, 10:23

Yes, personally the Laskarina brochures were a revelation to me many years ago after travelling to many other Greek islands. Chose Symi about 23 years ago and have been regularly back ever since. I do travel to other destinations too throughout the year, but Symi is my place for my 2 week rejuvenation. Roll on September.
katy
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Allan » 02 May 2018, 16:32

NeilC wrote:this might be a life long love affair :D

If you are going back for a second visit it's safe to say that the love affair has already started. Don't try to fight it, there's no cure. ;)

NeilC wrote:We had planned on doing more walking this time, but then I told my wife about the roof terrace at Two Fishes and that idea went out of the window for some reason

I'm sure there must be a compromise...
Maybe you could go for a nice walk over to Ag. Marina beach while your wife "supervises" from Two Fishes. :D

2fist-terrace-2.jpg
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby silverfox » 02 May 2018, 20:56

We looked at Symi so many years ago but were sandy beach lovers so visited so many other islands.

As we are now much older Symi seemed like a place to visit and this year we go back for our 4th year in a row having never ever returning to the same place twice. Yes Symi does capture you once you feel the place.

If that is the view from the Two Fishes we need to book soon!

Enjoy your visit and you know it won't be your last.

:)
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby NeilC » 03 May 2018, 09:24

Oh wow. What a view from the roof of Two Fishes. I might stock the fridge, sit up there and not move after all.
NeilC
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Pollychops » 04 May 2018, 10:04

Just seen the Two Fishes is up for sale @ 195k Euro.
Pollychops
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby NeilC » 04 May 2018, 13:01

Pollychops wrote:Just seen the Two Fishes is up for sale @ 195k Euro.

I saw that too: http://thesymiestateagent.com/property-item/2-fishes/

Hope the new owners keeps it as a holiday rental :?
NeilC
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Gemma1 » 05 May 2018, 09:47

NeilC wrote:
Pollychops wrote:Just seen the Two Fishes is up for sale @ 195k Euro.

I saw that too: http://thesymiestateagent.com/property-item/2-fishes/

Hope the new owners keeps it as a holiday rental :?

I've just spent the last half hour looking at various properties for sale on Symi - and dreaming of buying the 2 Fishes if I win tonight's lottery ;)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Symi Chat