Pedi

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Pedi

Postby katy » 30 Dec 2017, 18:01

Hi, does everyone use Twitter /Facebook now? Really miss the chat here.
Just wondering if anyone knows if the Silogos Taverna is going ahead at Pedi? After many years staying in Chorio, we stayed at Pedi this year and really enjoyed it, so just wondering if things may be changing there.
katy
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Re: Pedi

Postby Lisa B » 31 Dec 2017, 11:33

I was thinking the same, always check for chat. Hope everyone is well.
Happy New Year to all :D
Lisa B
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby katy » 31 Dec 2017, 17:05

Just us then, :D
Happy New Year Lisa, and to anyone else who's visiting the site.
Katy
katy
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Fullenglish » 31 Dec 2017, 17:53

Yes Happy New Year all.
What's all this about Silogos Taverna?
Phil
Fullenglish
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby katy » 31 Dec 2017, 18:08

Heard when we were staying there in September that the building that was being renovated near the far-end bus stop was a new venue for Silogos. May just have been gossip though ;)
katy
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby SueO » 01 Jan 2018, 09:02

Yes, it's been very quiet of late. More folks watching than posting (including me) I think.

Anyway - wishing everyone here and on our favourite island a happy and healthy New Year.

Sue
SueO
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Kojak » 01 Jan 2018, 14:06

Happy New Year to all Symi residents and holiday friends! I think most chat happens on Facebook but I still look in here regularly. I think Symi is responsible as you meet many friends on the island and then of course become Facebook friends with them so the island is still working it's magic.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Gemma1 » 02 Jan 2018, 08:21

I haven't checked on here for a few days but do still check the site regularly - and I'm looking forward to Adrianna's first blog of the New Year once she's back on Symi :)

Now that Christmas is out of the way people's thoughts tend to drift to holidays - mine certainly do - and I'm looking forward to being back on Symi in September, though I've got a week on Kalymnos to look forward to first.

Happy New Year to all Symi lovers :D
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby katy » 02 Jan 2018, 09:05

Ah Kalymnos/Telendos was the island we always went to when my children were young, Very happy memories, then I discovered Symi 25 years ago and the rest is history :D .
I don't do facebook so miss all the info that used to be on here, but as you say Adriana keeps us up to date.
katy
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Colette » 02 Jan 2018, 13:19

Happy New Year to everybody. I also don't do Facebook but check in here regularly and keep up to date via Adriana and of course Toby on the Symi Dream blog. The rumour last year was that Syllagos is going to move to the taverna in Pedi that Michael and Lucy used to have - we shall have to see if there was any truth in it this year. Meanwhile best wishes and happy Symi holidays to all :D :D
Colette
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby STEVE » 02 Jan 2018, 15:01

Bumped into Lefteris in Yialos one morning last June. He told me that is exactly what he was doing with his aim, then, to be up and running for the 2018 season. We missed eating at Syllogos in 2017.

Steve
STEVE
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby Lisa B » 02 Jan 2018, 20:45

Gemma1-----Thoughts tend drift to holidays,??!! Holidays are always on my mind especially this year going to Symi, just about holding back from counting how many sleeps!!
Very interested to see Pedi beach as only spent a couple of hours on Symi to date.
Lisa B
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby KN9700 » 03 Jan 2018, 10:16

I'm glad to hear that leftiris is going to start a new restaurant in Pedi and I'll wish him good luck with his new restaurant that we'll look forward to visit this September.
I remember his restaurants in as well Yalos as of course in Chorio and I really hope that he will be successfull this time.

I also hope that this forum can go on and not be replaced by Facebook because I am not and do not want to be on Facebook.

I really enjoy reading James' and Adriana's blogs which combined with The Symi Visitors homepage and this forum give me an almost daily Symifix.
KN9700
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby D and E » 03 Jan 2018, 22:56

Happy New Year Forum Users

The activity on the forum certainly does slow down after the summer season and overall it does seem that Facebook is “guilty” of diverting some of the activity that used to appear here. E is a big fan of Facebook but I prefer Twitter and this forum but they all have a place.

We met Lefteris in September - we were both waiting to board the Blue Star and he mentioned that his plans are to open in Pedi in 2018. We really missed him in Zylygos during our 2017 visits. The chicken with prunes is one of the standout dishes on Symi and we hope it makes it onto the Pedi menu should his plans come to fruition.

We have our September accommodation booked for two weeks but have still to sort out flights and might try and extend our stay to three weeks as plans for our usual May visit are currently on hold. It all depends on whether we can go to a family wedding in Italy in June.

Like others, reading the Symi Dream blog is a daily must and Adriana’s pictures and words are an essential part of our routine.

Here’s hoping that after some lean years recently and the winter storm, Symi has a prosperous summer season in 2018.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby JuliaB » 04 Jan 2018, 14:03

Well said, D, and a Happy New Year to all!

We booked accommodation for September 2018 before we left last autumn and have now secured flights. We dallied with the idea of three weeks but eventually settled on a compromise of two and a half, 19 September to 6 October. The precise details have yet to be decided but certainly most of that time will be spent on Symi. We're aware that there was considerable storm damage at the Opera House and await news of their recovery. It will have been really tough for them; we couldn't believe the quantity of rubble deposited in that area.

Please sign us up for chicken with prunes in Pedi - our favourite at Syllogos!

No May visit for us this year because of family commitments but already looking forward to September. We'll be on the lookout for you ;)

Julia & Mike
JuliaB
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby D and E » 05 Jan 2018, 23:32

Already looking forward to you & Mike popping up at the most unexpected moments.
Again :D :D :D
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby plee » 05 Jan 2018, 23:46

Happy New year everyone. I have booked today for 2 weeks on Symi for the end of September - It was a lot more expensive then a couple of years ago (Olympic) so am going to just do the one big holiday this year. I love Symi so much - I try to mix my holidays but always return to Symi as it feels like my heart place. Looking forward to dinner in Pedi.
plee
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby silverfox » 06 Jan 2018, 11:11

20170625_120231-1008x756.jpg
Happy New Year Symi Lovers!

Although it was our my list when much younger, It's 3 years today since we booked our first trip to Symi and we are booked in for June for our 4th trip.

Looking at the latest ferry information we hope to reach the island in one day and our usual night time meal at Georgios.

It's only 164 days to go....
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby katy » 06 Jan 2018, 17:59

Ah thanks for the information on Syllogos everyone. Looks like we'll have another choice of eating venue in Pedi then!
We have booked our accommodation for September, staying in the same Pedi apartment as last year. Looking at flights from Manchester now.....gosh no bargains!
katy
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Gemma1 » 07 Jan 2018, 10:08

Stunning photo silverfox - it reminds me why I love Symi so much :D

I've spent a lot of time wandering round Pedi but have never had dinner there. As I'm on Symi for longer than a week this year (and agree prices to get there have gone up a lot) hopefully I'll manage dinner in Pedi one night too :)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Next

Return to Symi Chat